ADVERTISEMENT

This Blows

Which part blows? The fact that schools won't update things or that the district is making sure that every team has the possibility of having a free web site?

Im assuming the lack of updates. Once again goes back to lack of coaches sharing info. Here we have Greenville County giving a modern, fully featured site to every school in the District that seemingly looks easy to update and maintain and yet still some programs provide nothing. What the heck could posting a simple schedule and roster harm?

Every school in G.C. already had a web site with space devoted to athletics. Sharing a site will only take away from the "home team" apsect that Greenville county schools sorely lack to begin with. High school sports should be rife with spirit and rivalries, not a "We're all in this together." feel.
I don't know who is responsible for updates, but in looking at the schedules, (drop down on home page) all I see is winter sports listed, when spring sports are already playing scrimmages/pre season tourneys.

every school was given the website and each coach was told to update their site. Not sure what blows because most of the schools that are not updated are the same one that if in previous years you went to their school website their sports still were not updated. I tried to find a roster for a certain team who I wont name (not a Greenville county team) I found a roster and a copy of their schedule from 4 years prior nothing updated since!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT