ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on 2A?

Region 3-AA I believe finished as
1) Mid Carolina
2) Fairfield Central
3) Pelion
4) Newberry

Mid Carolina went 12-0 in region and had 11 shutouts in 12 region games.

Crescent sits on top with their 29th consecutive region title going undefeated in Region II. Saluda and Strom Thurmond play tonight for 2nd at Batesburg-Leesville in a tie-breaker game. I'm not sure who is holding 4th...anyone know?

Crescent sits on top with their 29th consecutive region title going undefeated in Region II. Saluda and Strom Thurmond play tonight for 2nd at Batesburg-Leesville in a tie-breaker game. I'm not sure who is holding 4th...anyone know?
I believe Ninety-Six has the fourth spot.

I am hearing good things about Landrum.

Jr. Pitcher Sidney Davis is pitching lights out and making her mark this year.

Sr. Taylor Wahler, 2A player of the year last year, is doing the same and the toughest out on the 2A circuit.

Last year Crescent got them. This year will probably be a showdown of the same in the UpState. My bet is the players noted will have a huge affect on the outcome.

Last edited:
Conference champions in the lower state were Aynor(region 8), Johnsonville(region 7), and Battery Creek(region 6), not sure about region 5, would assume Silver Bluff.

Lower state is weak this year. Still wouldn't be surprised to see Dillon come out on top in lower state.

So region 1 is Landrum (1), Woodruff (2), Pendleton (3) and Chesnee (4)...gonna be tough Upper state finals for sure!

I think Landrum has a good shot this year at taking the UpperState title and I'm hearing good things about Mid-Carolina but my bet is on AJ and Crescent going head-to-head in the finals. With what I witnessed last year, Crescent is a well-oiled machine and they only lost one senior. Coach Adam's knowledge and strategic thinking being backed by a very talented young group of girls will be hard to beat this year. This team is definitely one to keep an eye on for the next few years...I hope I have the chance to see them play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT