ADVERTISEMENT

Top teams next year

DyarUSC

All-State Pick
Sep 20, 2010
Who are the top teams for next season? Who has the best talent returning? I am hearing a lot of big name SC kids will be moving out to different schools...

wondering the same thing- Hearing that York Prep is making serious moves, and might end up with the young'n from Flora. Slim chance that Zion W is back at Spartanburg Day next year as well

Reactions: birdcol
Who are the top teams for next season? Who has the best talent returning? I am hearing a lot of big name SC kids will be moving out to different schools...
Lower Richland has some good pieces to be successful

Dorman will be better with the addition of two new transfers- 6'8 JR Gabe Bryant who will be home-schooled but play for Dorman, and the return of 6'5 SR Zach Butler who transferred from Dorman to GA power Norcross, and is now back at Dorman.
http://sandysspiel.com/

Dorman could possibly be favorite to win 5A. nice supporting cast there. not sure anything else in the upperstate.. I like dorman vs sumter in march

Very true...coach Ryan does a good job- if they are hosting the Farm Bureau again, look for him to match up against a strong team in preparation for a deep playoff run in SC.
Interesting in that Sandy Spiel website that Wheeler (GA) was (and still is) making a strong push to get Zion Williamson from Spartanburg Day, who is now the top player in class of 2018.
KG- who does Sumter have coming back?

Don't know specific names, but Sumter has good high school players very aggressive and discipline good balance.

These teams stand out based off my observations from the summer (5A only).

1. Dorman- should be the favorite to win 5A. Too much talent and a good mixture of personnel (Size, speed, etc..)
2. Dutch Fork- another favorite to win 5A. Like Dorman, Dutch Fork has a good mix of size and skill players. Their backcourt is probably the best in the state!
3. Gaffney- a sleeper team for this year. Mark Huff always has his guys prepared. They return all except two players from last years team that advanced to the 2nd round last year while adding a 6'9" transfer over the summer as well.
4. Northwestern- Athletic group, skilled, and should contend for a region title. Awesome group of sophomores coming up as well.
5. Byrnes- Returns a strong core and has one of the best up and coming coaches in Layne Fowler. The defending state champions should contend for a region title but it wont be easy in a tough region II with Dorman and Gaffney!

Good stuff- but can you be up and coming (Fowler) if you are over 40? LOL - Layne has been doing it for a long time, he just finally got those guys at Byrnes to buy in. People forget the year he took a terrible team and beat #1 seed Gaffney by zoning them to death.
Who is the 6'9 transfer Huff got?

Good stuff- but can you be up and coming (Fowler) if you are over 40? LOL - Layne has been doing it for a long time, he just finally got those guys at Byrnes to buy in. People forget the year he took a terrible team and beat #1 seed Gaffney by zoning them to death.
Who is the 6'9 transfer Huff got?
Yes, I sometimes forget Layne is over 40 haha but he sure in hell can coach that's for sure. All I know about the 6'9 kid from Gaffney is his first name, which is Sadarius. Someone mentioned to me he played with an Adidas team out of Atlanta on the circuit with Zion Williamson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT