ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest non-region schedules

Shaka Zulu

Five Star Prospect
May 21, 2002
The non-region part of the schedule can be controlled. Greenwood, once again, has stacked up tough competition.

Yes looks like we can still thank Cathcart for this schedule from hell. Always been tough at Greenwood at first of season but always seems to work out at playoff time. Formula worked last few years. Always played Dorman ,Spartanburg, and Gafney but was great at the region.

Not sure you can give Cathcart credit for this schedule. This is the second season since he's been gone. Besides, I'd rather play a tough non region schedule against top competition. Playing weak teams does nothing for us. If you want to be the best play the best.

Pretty sure that was a two year schedule. I do agree that the tough schedule makes for a better region run. Coach Babb always had those Columbia teams as warm up games and seemed like Greer was in that mix also. Makes for great high school football. Cant wait for season to start.

Dutch Fork has Dorman, Greenwood, Goose Creek and Boiling Springs on the Non-Region schedule. Not bad.

Region 1 - 4A OOC Schedule

Westside - Clover, Lexington, Daniel, BHP
Woodmont - Wren, Wade Hampton, Riverside, Mauldin
Laurens - BHP, Clinton, Spring Valley, Mauldin
Easley - Pickens, Daniel, Seneca, Wren
Greenville - Seneca, Fort Mill, Nation Ford, Mann
Greenwood - Dutch Fork, Dorman, Northwestern, Spartanburg
Hanna - Byrnes, Wren, Seneca, Mauldin
Hillcrest - Mauldin, Wade Hampton, Mann, Riverside

Greenwood has by far one of the toughest OOC's in the state. If Hillcrest doesn't start the season 4-0 then something horrible happened.

I like and don't like playing tough non-region teams. The only reason I don't like playing a stacked schedule because key players get hurt alot when you really need them in the region or playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT