ADVERTISEMENT

what are your thoughts?

This is a very tough question, you may get a lot of different answers but I'm going to give my opinion.

In Division I, I believe right now it USC-Upstate with the campaign's they have put together in back to back season and the job their coaching staff has done it is hard to argue against them.

In Division II, I think it is Anderson at the top right now because they like USCU have put together 2 unbelievable seasons but I do think Limestone is not far behind.

Junior College, it is hands down Spartanburg Methodist

there are many aspects of "being the best program". Very easy to rank teams based on win-loss. But if you are looking into each program as to what kinds of players the school is attracting, integrity,GPA of players, philosophy of coaching staff, experience as told by former players,,,now you have a horse of a different color.

The best college program is the one where your daughter (player) is getting sufficiently rewarded for her past and present work on the field. Is excited about the new opportunity. Made the choice herself. Has acclimated to the new environment, and is looking forward.

There is so much to offer in the state of SC on the college level. Look for the best overall fit, no matter who you are, or where you go. For in the end, if the player is completely engaged, and motivated, it ultimately comes down to God given talent, work ethic, and the people around who want to help.

The wonderful folks who want to help make all the difference. The other traits rest in the player. It is the other that makes the biggest difference to some.

Last edited:
Also, what college/university is setting them up for success after graduation. Not every school's degree carries the same "weight" as others.

Financial aid is another important aspect. Do parents or players want to take on a huge amount of student debt? Not many softball players get a full ride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT