ADVERTISEMENT

Why can't I view "Eagles Back on Top" ?

I20HWY

Rookie
Oct 17, 2014
Aiken
What gives? I know that isn't an Airport helmet on that picture. The Eagles have made the playoffs once in the past 3 years. Strom Thurmond won the league in 2012 and 2013 and Swansea a year ago after finishing as runner-up to STHS in 12/13. My Mustangs were 3rd all 3 years. Don't tell me that Airport and BC are ahead of real football schools. And where's Gilbert? I know they lost everything on offense but are the country boys that bad? Aiken has to be improved, can't get much worse. TBH it's a bad region for football but I'd rather be the tallest midget than the shortest one :D.

Yes, it is. Airport was picked to fight for last last place last year. I can't remember who won between us last year but i know we were cheated out of a win in 2013 on a bogus holding call on a TD pass. Oh Yeah.....Airport did win against the Pony's last year. Look forward to another Great Game this year. To me this region is really up for grabs between all but Aiken. Every team has good and bad areas. Airport did well against teams with great running backs (Dreher, Gilbert, MV ), But struggled against the pass. Hope to see the secondary play better this year

What gives? I know that isn't an Airport helmet on that picture. The Eagles have made the playoffs once in the past 3 years. Strom Thurmond won the league in 2012 and 2013 and Swansea a year ago after finishing as runner-up to STHS in 12/13. My Mustangs were 3rd all 3 years. Don't tell me that Airport and BC are ahead of real football schools. And where's Gilbert? I know they lost everything on offense but are the country boys that bad? Aiken has to be improved, can't get much worse. TBH it's a bad region for football but I'd rather be the tallest midget than the shortest one :D.
1. Strom Thurmond is gone to 2A so irrelevant to the conversation.
2. What has MV done in it's history that makes you refer to it at a "real football school"?
3. Airport and BC have the best looking returning talent in the region.
4. Swansea lost a LOT to graduation. They do return Chance Walker, so that will help them.
5. Gilbert; you said it yourself...they lost everything on offense. With the graduation of their best football player and the transfer out of their QB, they will be lucky to get a pulse in that offense.
6. Agree, Aiken has to be improved but attrition is killing them.

as for V being a bad region - traditionally, maybe. But I think this season, they have several teams who could go as far as third round IF they play to potential.

MV and Gilbert, "real" football teams?
That's laughable. Airport has a better tradition in football than either one of these two schools, and beat both head to head last year while finishing higher in region as the number 2 seed. Airport also has an all time record of 20 wins and only 9 losses against your Mustangs. Why are you only using the last few years records? Yes, it has been a down few years for Airport, but the five years before that saw them average 10 wins a year while going undefeated in region two of those years and only losing 1 region game each of the other years. They either won region outright or tied for first every one of those years I believe, so that is what "Eagles back on top" means. As for Aiken, they once had a proud tradition in football but have been in a down cycle for quite a while now. Gilbert had no defense last year, and losing their only three playmakers on offense spells trouble. I like the MV QB Carr, he is a great athlete and between him, Dre Carr at running back and the Kameron Brown kid at WR you SHOULD have won region last year but you didn't. Airport returns a lot of talent at the skill positions, and BC will be tough along with Swansea. Good luck to you!

I believe MV has a different OC this year. Someone that can call a play other than "let Daniel chunk it as far as he can or if the blocking runs out before then, let him scramble" play.

Funny how the only "bogus" calls are the ones that go against Airport. I thought it was the QB throwing past the line of scrimmage instead of holding in 2013.

Definitely not over the line of scrimmage, definitely not holding. And a clear game winning TD catch in the back of the end zone.

And Aiken County schools have benefited from some home cooking by local officials. Moving on, this should be a very competitive region this year between MV, BC, Airport and Swansea

Looks like the holding is on #62, the right guard, he has a fistful of white jersey as his guy finally gets off.

Looks like the holding is on #62, the right guard, he has a fistful of white jersey as his guy finally gets off.

I agree with you BallCoach. I think the call was on him. However, all OL are taught to have hands at DL chest and lift up on pads. You can't help but grab jersey. If you are beat to either side then let go and drive him in or out.

You can call holding on any play in any game. I just do not see where that was anything that would have effected that play.

Bad Call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT