ADVERTISEMENT

With season winding down, who are teams to watch??

I am a midlands guy so I can't speak about others around the state, but I would have to say Blythewood is looking pretty good. It doesn't seem to me that they have the State Champion aura about them, but they are very sound.

Then, of course, you have to throw Lexington, South Aiken, Sumter, West Florence, Conway and those guys in the conversation in 4A.

In 3A, you can never count out AC Flora and Chapin who are both having very good years.

It looks like the Upper State Teams in 3A are the ones to watch for the post season. Lower State seems to be down a little. Haven't seen the beach teams, but the midlands teams seem to be down some in the lower state. Like Airport's approach to the game, but hitting seems to be an issue. They will get after you in a hurry and it has brought them a lot of success this season. Gilbert had a good week beating BC and Airport but still need to have a few more step up to push them deep into the playoffs.

NAFO has under achieved. best lineup in region and best arms. If they play at the level they can will be tough.

Chesterfield has only lost one game all year,including pre-season and spring break tournaments at the beach. Rams will be a very difficult out in AA. Boswell is a solid ace,and Rams have pitching depth along with alot of power. If I were betting on any team in any classification to win it all,it would be Chesterfield.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT