ADVERTISEMENT

Xenith Shoulder pads

AirportDad2016

Bench Warmer
Apr 17, 2014
Looking at getting the new XenithVelocity Shouldr pads as soon as they are released. Just wondering if any body has experience with the older style. My son wore the Epic helmet most of last year and really likes it . Much lighter and more comfortable than the team units

Looking at getting the new XenithVelocity Shouldr pads as soon as they are released. Just wondering if any body has experience with the older style. My son wore the Epic helmet most of last year and really likes it . Much lighter and more comfortable than the team units
I have no experience with either set of pads .. but am interested in your opinion once you have a set and use them. What class is your son in? Michael is a rising Senior. Where did you get the Epic helmet? Did they size and custom fit it to your son or did you buy off the shelf? Thanks

We ordered his helmet as soon as they released in his size (large). Still took 6 weeks to get it, because the face mask he wanted was back ordered for another month. We changed mask styles and had it two days later. Thanks to the nice lady at Todd & Moore who chewed everybodys a.. she got on the phone. They had a few sizes of the old style that he used to get his size. I bought him a Xenith X1 in middle school because he had headaches everday after pratice. After getting it he never complained about them again. I oredered the face mask he originally wanted last week and got it in 3 days.

I like the Zenith pads. I think that from a design standpoint, they could possibly reduce the number of AC joint injuries that come from direct contact; won't do anything to prevent the injuries from the improper landing on the shoulder.

They look like they would be hot; I know the design says they allow for the pads to sit off of the body with the little shock pads but I don't think there would be any more free air than there would be with the CLS pads.

I'm curious how only having one design versus a design for skills players, linemen, etc... will work out.

Let me know how you like them.

Curious....

... you order and pay for your son's own helmet. Then.... what? How do yo get the paint, decals, etc for him to match his team?

And now you order and pay for his own personal pair of shouder pads?

:confused:

I like the Ripkord shoulder pads by Riddell. Just as much protection and much better design in emergency situations when pads have to be removed.

Do not want to get into the whole Helmet rating and saftey debate (there is enough online already). His high school provides helmets and pads. But, his academics are probably at a higher level than his football skills. Just looking for better protection or comfort. If a product can provde both at a resonable cost, I dont mind trying to get them. He actualy makes the money to pay for them by recycling broken car parts that we replace at my shop, or helping me part out wrecked or broken cars that I get.
The helmet was ordered in his team color and they provide the decals, so no big issues there.
The Xenith helmet was less than the Riddell ones most of the kids are using. The shoulder pads are expected to be $200 and I have a 20% coupon they offered several months ago, thats $160. The cleats most of the kids wear now cost that much. The pads have not been released for sale yet.

Do not want to get into the whole Helmet rating and saftey debate (there is enough online already). His high school provides helmets and pads. But, his academics are probably at a higher level than his football skills. Just looking for better protection or comfort. If a product can provde both at a resonable cost, I dont mind trying to get them. He actualy makes the money to pay for them by recycling broken car parts that we replace at my shop, or helping me part out wrecked or broken cars that I get.
The helmet was ordered in his team color and they provide the decals, so no big issues there.
The Xenith helmet was less than the Riddell ones most of the kids are using. The shoulder pads are expected to be $200 and I have a 20% coupon they offered several months ago, thats $160. The cleats most of the kids wear now cost that much. The pads have not been released for sale yet.

FYI, your boy looked sharp at practice yesterday. His footwork and body control in transition was very good. I can tell he's been working. I hope he's benefited from our training at QB1. He seems like he has a blast when he's there.

Thanks. Wish we could have been to more. I was threre for a little bit last two days and it was good to finally see him with the Skill players. They are planning to do the Clemson, Furman and Mercer three day camps back to back to back.

Velocity Shoulder Pads were released at lunch today. Should be able to give a review next week. $160 plus $20 shipping with promo code.

Got the Velocity pads in today. My son said they are very light, very comfortable. It was a shoulder pads only practice, so no real hits yet. But he really likes them so far. By just looking at them and holding them they look a little cheap and rec leauge like. But when you really inspect them you can tell there is a lot of really good engineering and features. Spring game is next Friday. We will see how he likes them after that.

Reactions: Neilgrimsley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT