ADVERTISEMENT

ST vs Aiken

STREBEL72

All-State Pick
May 20, 2011
Looking forward to a hard hitting competitive game tonight. Aiken will be ready to compete and I'm hoping my Rebs are up for the challenge. This has always been a great game over the years playing Aiken. These teams have met 16 times with ST leading the series 10-6 over Aiken, but 10 of these games have been won or loss by a margin of 9 points or less...very few lopsided victories, which makes this game always exciting.

Back in the early 80's when I played for ST and Aiken was a dominant 4A team and predicted to beat ST, which was the smallest 3A team at the time, ST was able to travel to Aiken and come out with the win 41-32

That was William Perry's senior year. He was best defensive lineman in the nation and everyone was recruiting him. That's how our unknown QB burst on the scene (Ira Hillary) and he ended up getting a scholarship to USC as a WR, and later drafted by the Bengals, where he played for a Super Bowl.

The stage is set once again with 4A Aiken vs 3A ST....Ty Nicks at QB...it's your turn to make a name for yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT