ADVERTISEMENT

2015 SCHSL State Tournament - Important Info Update

D11WrestBest

Five Star Prospect
Sep 3, 2006
Hey all,
We are working on the brackets now and SCMAT has all the results from this weekend posted in the February scoreboard. Once I have the brackets created and ready to go, I will post the link.

In the mean time, if you are a coach of a State Qualifier, we need the following info if you will get it to us,,,,email me at wrestlingislife@sc.rr.com (I will only accept info from coaches). Please send this info ASAP so we can get it updated on the brackets. Congrats to all the qualifiers and good luck next weekend.

Wrestler's overall 2015 record (includes in state and out of state)
Wrestler's grade in school
Head Coaches Name - we have 98% of these, but know there were some changes this year we did not pick up.

Once again, please get this info to us ASAP.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance...

Added the link for the brackets on 2/21/2015 @ 9:35 PM
Please email me at above email address with missing info (stated above) or spelling corrections.

Info added 2/25/2015 @ 4:10 PM
Email sent from Tommy Bell and Todd McCormick on the weather situation this weekend. See below:

Update on Weigh Ins

​Greenville County School District (And soon to be several others) has cancelled all after school activities today and have already cancelled school for tomorrow .... Therefore after consulting with Deno White..... Weigh in for Friday will be growth allowance weight + 2 additional pounds. So 110-117-124 etc.

Tournament Schedule/Format

Directly from Todd McCormick- We will have an update ready tomorrow around 2:00 at the latest. The current plan is to wrestle Friday/Saturday as scheduled. If the weather will not allow wrestling on Friday, the tournament will begin with a weigh in at 8:00 AM and wrestling at 9:00 AM Saturday. The current plans are to have all matches wrestled with regular wrestle backs and regularly scheduled periods.

This post was edited on 2/21 9:36 PM by D11WrestBest

This post was edited on 2/25 4:07 PM by D11WrestBest

This post was edited on 2/25 4:12 PM by D11WrestBest

2015 SCHSL State Tournament

Re: 2015 SCHSL State Tournament - Brackets Link Added

State Qualifiers by Team for 4A

Boiling Springs- 9
Dorman- 7
Rock Hill- 7
Lexington- 6
Fort Dorchester- 6
Fort Mil- 4
Wando- 4
Dutch Fork- 4
Ashley Ridge- 4
York- 4
Summerville- 4
Riverside- 4
Stratford- 4
Hillcrest- 3
River Bluff- 3
Laurens- 3
Clover- 3
Goose Creek- 3
Sumter- 3
TL Hanna- 2
Westwood- 2
Gaffney- 2
Cane Bay- 2
Socastee- 2
White Knoll- 2
Spring Valley- 2
Woodmont- 2
Colleton County- 1
Byrnes- 1
Nation Ford- 1
Irmo- 1
Lugoff-Elgin- 1
Mauldin- 1
Northwestern- 1
West Ashley-1
Greenwood- 1
Wade Hampton- 1
Greenwood- 1
Bluffton- 1

By my count, 38 of 46 teams with programs this year will have someone represented at the state tournament in 4A. Would say that's a positive trend regarding the parody of the sport in the state.

Email sent from Tommy Bell and Todd McCormick on the weather situation this weekend. See below:

Update on Weigh Ins

​Greenville County School District (And soon to be several others) has cancelled all after school activities today and have already cancelled school for tomorrow .... Therefore after consulting with Deno White..... Weigh in for Friday will be growth allowance weight + 2 additional pounds. So 110-117-124 etc.

Tournament Schedule/Format

Directly from Todd McCormick- We will have an update ready tomorrow around 2:00 at the latest. The current plan is to wrestle Friday/Saturday as scheduled. If the weather will not allow wrestling on Friday, the tournament will begin with a weigh in at 8:00 AM and wrestling at 9:00 AM Saturday. The current plans are to have all matches wrestled with regular wrestle backs and regularly scheduled periods.

Info released from SCHSL offices today, 2/26, at 11:33 AM:

We have spoken with Coaches, AD's, Principals and others across the Upstate and conditions are much better than expected. Thoughts are that schools will be in session Friday even if there are some delays.

Therefore, the Individual Wrestling tournament at Anderson will be held as originally scheduled.

Bruce Hulion

SCHSL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT