ADVERTISEMENT

5A and 4A Region Performances...

dacoach

Five Star Prospect
May 29, 2001
Interesting stuff to look at, in my opinion...

5A
Region I went 1-3 with Westside the only 1st Round win.
Region II went 3-1 with Mauldin the only loss (a 2 pt loss to Westside above)
Region II went an impressive 4-0! All the big players still alive from this Region.
Region IV went a disappointing 0-4... even Northwestern fell in the 1st Rd.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Region V went an impressive 5-1. The historically ridiculed Columbia area schools...
Region VI went 1-3. Class jewel Sumter is gone in 1st Rd.
Region VII went 2-4 with Ft. Dorchester and Summerville getting the only "w's".

4A
Region I went 1-3 with BHP as that region's only 1st Rd. win.
Region II went 1-3 with Union the only school to move on to Rd. 2.
Region III went 3-1 with the 3 winning teams scoring 153 points combined.
Region IV went 3-1 with N. Augusta smoking Greer 52-28.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Region V went 3-1 with AC Flora over Myrtle Beach. Again, Columbia area flexing muscles.
Region VI went 1-3 with Hartsville as the lone team to make it through 1st Rd.
Region VII went 1-3 with North Myrtle Beach as the lone team to make it through the 1st Rd.
Region VIII went 3-1 with Berkeley pitching the only shut-out in the first round of the 4A playoffs.

Some impressive and disappointing surprises after the 1st Round of football playoffs. Lot of great match-ups in the 2nd Round. Cooler weather, leaves changing, turkey on the table....Greatest time of the year!

:)

Im suprised we made it.we came out and passed the ball .i believe we lost a reciever for next game.im not sure of the rule or how it was called.we need everyone especialy that kid .ibelieve he was our best reciever.dutch fork will be a tough hill to climb.

I saw a 4A upper state team Friday that had no business being in the playoffs. I'd hate to see the teams they beat that didn't get in...

Im suprised we made it.we came out and passed the ball .i believe we lost a receiver for next game. I'm not sure of the rule or how it was called.we need everyone especially that kid .I believe he was our best receiver. Dutch fork will be a tough hill to climb.

I was curious what the rule was on ejections as far as the next game is concerned. I agree that we need all hands on deck if we are going to have a chance against DF! I'm not sure that he is our best receiver though, but losing a 6'4" talented receiver is never going to be good. The receivers won't be the problem, it will be if our qb can continue to throw catchable balls and cut down on the turnovers. Burnette and McCurry will be able to pick up the slack. I dont know what the stats ended up being, but Burnette had to have had over 120 yds receiving in the 1st half. I also think McCurry can be a bigger part of the offense.

Wave fans I will give you my take...If you play solid football you should win. You had the chance last time. I watched an AR team that played 3 Freshman OL, 1 WR kicked off team, two RB out, Starting MLB out and one DB out stay in the game and actually have the lead at Halftime. DF did seem to come out flat and maybe they were overlooking AR but I honestly was not impressed and I watched them play the Greenwave earlier in the year and had the same thought how is this team undefeated.
AR in the first half probably played the best I had seen them play since last year. The problem was AR like the last 4 or 5 games didn't have depth/experience or Sr leadership. Once DF scored you kind of saw it all start to slide away. Not taking anything away from DF but on paper they should have scored 60 on AR.
As much as it hurts to say it the Greenwave should win the game if they don't have turnovers. The turning point Friday for AR was when AR forced a DF fumble and two plays later the backup RB fumbles it right back and AR had it on DF 35 yd line. DF then marched down the field and scored.
I will also say with 3 Freshman OL starting Friday night the blocking looked way better than I thought. If AR cleans some things up this offseason they may surprise some people.
AR needs more consistency at WR's in route running/catching (Saw to many WR in the same area and a lot of drops). The upside for next year is the OL will have more experience, the QB in my opinion did a good job to be thrown in a situation like he was and should be better, The DL will return some good players and we have a couple of DB/FS that could be good. I heard someone say in 2 yrs AR will be back, I think next year could be a good year and the following year could really be good. In my opinion one of the biggest things AR missed this year was SR leadership.

If the Wave are to move on Friday night they will need to control the ball and have better coverage from the D.B's...... the first game came down to wave turnovers and the Dutch Fork deep passing game . the last 2 meetings with the foxes the Wave were in late in the 4th qtr but had meltdowns with about 3mins to go. it's time to finish .

Go Wave .

Reactions: mrfootball4life
I was curious what the rule was on ejections as far as the next game is concerned. I agree that we need all hands on deck if we are going to have a chance against DF! I'm not sure that he is our best receiver though, but losing a 6'4" talented receiver is never going to be good. The receivers won't be the problem, it will be if our qb can continue to throw catchable balls and cut down on the turnovers. Burnette and McCurry will be able to pick up the slack. I dont know what the stats ended up being, but Burnette had to have had over 120 yds receiving in the 1st half. I also think McCurry can be a bigger part of the offense.
From what i understand he is not going to play.im in dc so i cant make it friday.hopefully i can get back and watch the fort game.
I did talk to slickers cousins today.tater and tot .(presidential turkeys)they were staying here at our hotel.

Reactions: mrfootball4life
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT