ADVERTISEMENT

Aiken hire

JW is the freakin' man! Fantastic offensive mind, works great with kids. If Aiken has any more athletes left in the area, he'll get them out. He deserves this shot. Great hire, IMO.

I'm assuming the former HC at Lower Richland. Went 8-24 in 3 years.

1006_hounyy_crystal_reax_med_1hvilmyw.gif

I’ll stand by Montgomery. Don’t discount what he did at Dutch Fork. The man knows offense, and scoring points is not something Aiken has been in the business of doing in the past few years. His only head coaching experience was almost 10 years ago at a school that has been known to chew coaches up and spit them out. NOT an indicator of what kind of coach he was, nor does it take into account what he has grown into since. I look forward to seeing what he’ll do, and I have every reason to believe it will be fun to watch.

Make no mistake. Tom Knotts ENTIRELY ran that offense.

That may be true. But I know JW; he's a cocky sonuvagun, but he's a good person, and he knows a ton about offensive football. I believe he has to have learned SOMETHING under Knotts, and if he learned anything from his mistakes at LR, he can be successful. Aiken has athletes, and even more will come out for JW. He has the weapons and he has the knowledge. If he's learned anything about implementation in the last eight years, then Aiken has made a low-key superior hire.

He worked for Knotts and for Kennedy....

God bless him. I wish him luck.

:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT