ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion game scores

Dawgpoundit

Rookie
Jun 9, 2016
Feel free to list any sites that you know that post Legion scores here. If there aren't any, maybe this would be a good place to post both Senior and Junior Legion scores regularly so everyone can follow their League as it progresses.

You should make clear that was Tommy Ford's Union Travel Team, a/k/a, Union Notta Post.[/QUOTE

I have yet to understand the confusing dynamic in Union with what evidently is a Legion affiliated team, and a "bring 'em of you got 'em" team. So I don't know which team is which. The team Inman played last night (green) is listed on the schedule as "Union" and the other Union team is list as "P22". I haven't seen the P22 team yet but last year they wore blue. Last year the teams were completely racially divided. Not sure if that is the case this year but I was told by a "baseball guy" in Union last summer that there were some issues that led to the teams being divided in that way. So........what happens if a team that is NOT affiliated/sponsored by the local Legion post makes it to the state tournament? How can a team that isn't a "Legion" team participate in "Legion" activity?

Last edited:
Anyone can create a team that is not sponsored by a legion post. Just pick a base school to get approved by the state and your good to go! A lot of teams are going that way now since the legion doesn't give teams money these days. They may say are affiliated with a post but a lot of times that is just in the name. That's how are's is. Some still have strong financial backings from posts though.

Little different situation in Union. Last year the new Post Commander fired Post 22's long time coach, and sponsor, Tommy Ford. Ford decides he's gonna have his own team anyway. State Legion, dominated by the old boy system, agrees. End result is two teams from Union County, the official Post 22 team, and Tommy Ford's Traveling Allstars. The problem is there ain't much baseball talent, at least that wants to play Legion, in Union County. Both Union teams are very weak. Only way they will win a game is when they play each other. They would struggle playing Jr. Legion, let alone Senior. Last year, both teams ended up with multiple forfeits because they simply did not have enough kids to field a team every game. I think one or both ended up folding before the season was over. I have no doubt the same thing will happen again this year. Really don't see how this pettiness benefits the Legion program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT