ADVERTISEMENT

Any coaching vacancies in upstate for next year??

omabound

Varsity All American
Jun 11, 2002
I'm looking for a place to coach again. I have been a head varsity coach for 6 years...anyone know?

Stuart Kay

West-Oak is open. Who got the Westwood(new columbia school) job? They have taken it off their district site. Was posted twice over the past 3 months.

Curtis Johnson from Crestwood. He wasn't the first choice. The coach from RNE really got screwed in that deal. Way to many politics
This post was edited on 5/9 6:38 PM by AlwaysTheTruth84

That's the first hire they made out of district. Principal, AD, Head Football came from RNE. Basketball from Spring Valley.

Tanner may have made a call but it had no barring at all, I know for a fact they were not able to hire the coach the wanted and settled for 2nd choice.

I have heard the Pickens job will be open. I don't know any details but I heard he is not returning next season.

Curtis is a good one. Plenty of second choices have turned out to be best choices. Not sure who "they" are? You mean the school wasn't able to hire their first choice? You mean the athletic director wasn't able to hire his/her first choice? You mean the nosy parents didn't get their way? Just curious. There's a lot more to the hiring process than who might be the favorite coach.

They school, AD, They were ask not to hire the coach they wanted because the printable was afraid all the players would leave the program and transfer to the new school. More to it but thats the biggest part

If Thane Maness would have gotten the job at Westwood (which he deserved) then more than half of the team at RNE would have choiced to Westwood to play for him leaving RNE with possibly no players to even have a team. Coach Maness has done a remarkable job at RNE over the years and deserved the chance to start a new program at Westwood.

Basketball did not come from SV, it is his twin brother. Perry Dozier is still at SV, his twin brother Terry is the new basketball coach at Westwood

The new Lexington school, River Bluff, has made its choice. Not sure how known this is supposed to be though. In-district is all I will say. Though the school opens in 2013, they will field a bteam and jv based out of Meadow Glen MS next spring.

Now that Lexington 1 has made it official...

Mark Bonnette will be the Head Varsity Baseball Coach at River Bluff.

Any word on any of the other openings around the state. West-oak, Crescent, McCormick, Whale Branch, Battery Creek, Crestwood, Lakewood (These are ones I remember off the top of my head)

Nation Ford High School just go rid of there head coach. School is in Fort Mill and is moving up to 4a. Should have a good team next year with quality starting pitching.

Pickens DID NOT have a good baseball guy. Now they have a GREAT baseball guy! Of course if the PARENTS act like they did last time Coach Butler was coach he will ride off again!

Not doubting he is a great baseball guy. Just don't like guys who get out when lean years are ahead. Then when a good hard working baseball guy, gets them improving(which they did last year) and then it's like "Oh time to get back in their going to be pretty good next year" . If he thinks for a minute parents are going to get any better he might as well get his ride ready cause they are only getting worse.

Stan got out because he had been repeatedly lied to about his field. FIrst they were going to put lights up, then they werent going to put lights up because they were building a new school with new facilities, then were still going to have to play on the same field but didnt have the money for the lights or to improve the field, then were going to get new facilities, He was jerked around over that field for 8 years. He had enough.

Those are very legit reasons. I'm not even a Pickens County person so I don't know all that has went on and goes on there. I'm just a guy that enjoys baseball at all levels and do know that the guy that was let go is well respected as a good young up and comer baseball guy. If those are the reasons Butler got out why would he get back in with the same people in charge as before(I think). The new field is horrible and not because it was not worked. It is because they didn't even sod the infield or even sprig it. I thought every baseball field built in last 20 years at least sodded the inf. Which does match up with what Butler was facing in earlier years.

It was my understanding that Coach Butlers return to pickens is a one and done deal. They person who was taking the job had a serious family issue arise that meant he needed to stay at previous location for this past season. Not sure if the guy is still coming or if the Pickens job will reopen. Butler is supposed to replace Corn as the AD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT