ADVERTISEMENT

Aynor

SCHSL took 5 bats last week...I heard they were shaved but they said it could not be proved they were used in any games???? just what I heard and don't know if any or some is true...but it has been a long time rumor for years.....

SCHSL took 5 bats last week...I heard they were shaved but they said it could not be proved they were used in any games???? just what I heard and don't know if any or some is true...but it has been a long time rumor for years.....
If the bats were shaved and they were in possession of them they should be kicked out for the year. The bats are hot enough that there is no need for it. If the bats are pre 2009 they will fail compression testing and the bat doesn't have to be doctored for that to happen. Is this a high school rule now? Compression testing is something that has been at college and travel ball levels for years now. I didn't think it was required in high school. The easiest way to fix this stuff is use the NCAA approved bat list and there wouldn't be much to worry about. Now bat shaving is blatant cheating and would hope this isn't a common problem.

Even with brand new bats those girls have still been hitting the snot out of the ball....doesn't sound like bat tampering to me...... sounds like the girls can simply hit!!!

Last edited:
We played Aynor for state last year and they were using 2 old grey stealths and we knew they were illegal!
There was 2 home runs hit at the N/S game last year as well and guess who hit them?Aynor players with same bat!
Guess ole Keith finally got caught cheating and maybe they won't let him call pitches from the stands anymore either!

Isn't it the responsibility of the coach to know what is legal equipment? There has to be some type of punishment for this.

We played Aynor for state last year and they were using 2 old grey stealths and we knew they were illegal!
There was 2 home runs hit at the N/S game last year as well and guess who hit them?Aynor players with same bat!
Guess ole Keith finally got caught cheating and maybe they won't let him call pitches from the stands anymore either!
If they had Stealths in 2015 they were perfectly legal. I can't help but think (don't want to believe otherwise) this is about a bunch of jealous haters complaining because they cant beat them. Same illegal pitch crap I hear when teams can't hit a pitcher. Kid hits multiple homers its got to be illegal bats or when pitchers striking out kids there has to be something illegal. Give the kids credit until proven otherwise.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball...rtant-message-about-updates-to-Certified-Bats

JAN. 22, 2016, 2:11 P.M. (ET)
The Amateur Softball Association of America (ASA)/USA Softball, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States, in working with Easton Baseball/Softball Inc. (Easton), announced today that Easton is voluntarily removing the following softball bat models from the ASA/USA list of certified bats: SCN1, SCN11BH, SCN1B, SCN2B, SCN3, SCN4B, SCN5, SCN5B, SCN6B, SCN7, SCN7B, SCN8, SCN8B, SCN9, SCX14, SCX14B, SCX24B, AND SCX3.

Other organizations that currently use ASA’s bat performance standards such as the NCAA, NFHS, NAIA, NJCAA may restrict such bats from play in 2016 and beyond.

Reactions: cocky53077
Meant to say Synergy not stealth it was the old grey blue synergy!Definitely not a jealous hater but if you have been around softball as long as I have you can hear the difference and see the difference in the 2 they were swinging!

Meant to say Synergy not stealth it was the old grey blue synergy!Definitely not a jealous hater but if you have been around softball as long as I have you can hear the difference and see the difference in the 2 they were swinging!
Synergy was not illegal until 2016. Jealous hater wasn't meant for anyone that posted and more about my thought reading the article. Also if you do some research on bat mods it isn't sound that changes. It doesn't sound like the offensive output has stopped. I will say again if a bat is shaved the player should be banned for the year. Burned looking barrels and end caps that have been tampered with are some of the signs. The compression tester wont verify a cheater because it can't tell the difference between a overused bat or a rolled bat. If they take off a end cap a shaved bat is easily determined. Maybe the sound difference has more to do with who is swinging the bat. I promise Abbey Cheeks (google it) bat sounds different than most people swinging a Xeno. Will add the old Synergy and Stealth were some kick butt bats.

Chapin coach and player were both ejected when they used a illegal bat. Umpires often do not even have a bat list and many still do not check

I think we all want safety and the bats on the market now are hot out of the wrapper, (I believe infielders should wear facemask but that's another debate). I agree that people should be held accountable for unfair tactics. However, sadly to say many of these so called alleged bat infractions are often either based on jealousy or plain out misinformation. I hear people talk about girls and boys for that matter using "illegal bats" . Most of the girls that are really good could use a broom handle and do well. Please don't be so quick to judge and accuse if you don't truly know, its not fair to those who truly are gifted. Or fall in the trap that everyone who does well must be doing something wrong, we are so blessed with good talent here in SC. Just look at the list who's been putting them over and batting averages on HSSR http://www.hssr.com/PageHandler.aspx?id=10

Reactions: bluejacketmom
Those stats are interesting. I'm guessing full season based on some of the numbers. Still like I've said in other posts, they don't really represent the whole state. Upstate is largely missing.

most high school stats are meaningless----overwhelming majority are not factual, are not kept by an unbiased score keeper and/or are "cooked" to make the kids/team look better than they are. sad, but true. Daddy can make his kid look like a stud in school ball, but when they get to travel ball, the stats look significantly different!!

However, sadly to say many of these so called alleged bat infractions are often either based on jealousy or plain out misinformation. I hear people talk about girls and boys for that matter using "illegal bats" . Most of the girls that are really good could use a broom handle and do well. Please don't be so quick to judge and accuse if you don't truly know, its not fair to those who truly are gifted. Or fall in the trap that everyone who does well must be doing something wrong, we are so blessed with good talent here in SC.
I have been through this once with personal experience. We had a parent or parents from our own high school team accuse (not in front me) my daughter of having a shaved bat. It got back to her through her teammates. One I would never do that because a player could be seriously injured or worse by one. Well the said bat lost its end cap during a game a few weeks later. Normally that would be upsetting but it was the perfect opportunity to carry the bat around to parents and have them look inside the barrel. "Does that look shaved to you?" Not that they would know but I could easily explain a shaved bat would be smooth inside and you wouldn't see the composite fibers. As usual in high school I always kept a new bat as a back up in her bag. She hit just fine with the new bat. I am sure whoever those parents were never corrected the story they told people.

Last edited:
Reactions: juspitchit
Link for shaved vs unshaved what to look for. I found this quickly but there is a ton of info online.

Threads like this, taken so serious is why this board has 1/2 the readers it had in past. Who wants mud on a HS forum?

Just Report positive/informative/fun data about the girls

Put your team secondary, and give props to others achievement you witness

unfortunately many teams play dirty pool every night, as if HS is the end all

Last edited:
Reactions: BS100
most high school stats are meaningless----overwhelming majority are not factual, are not kept by an unbiased score keeper and/or are "cooked" to make the kids/team look better than they are. sad, but true. Daddy can make his kid look like a stud in school ball, but when they get to travel ball, the stats look significantly different!!
llpmom, Hit the nail on the head. And by the way, I believe I know of whom (daddy/s) that you speak of :) . Stats are a waste of time and never tell the whole story. Coaches understand a bloop single goes down as a hit, and a line drive smoked at and caught by the shortstop is an out. Who really barreled it up and who didn't.

Sounds to me like sour grapes to me. I don't have a dog in the fight but reading Mr.Idol's post, I had to respond. I live in NC and someone suspected one of the teams here were using illegal bats. They had them compression tested and some did not pass the test. So, the next game after removing the bats from the team, the first pitch after the new bat was unwrapped at the field went over left center. The next game, this same team hit two HRs and three HRs the next. Maybe the Aynor girls are working harder and better ballplayers.
If a winning team does well, everyone wants to knock them a notch and make excuses for why they lost.
I must ask if the old grey bat stealths they used were illegal at the time according to approved bat list.. One other question I must ask, is how did you know with such certainty that the bats were illegal? You seem to imply that you knew they were illegal . Just curious how you can be so sure in your post or did you mean to say that you have a strong suspicion that they were illegal. Apparently, your team lost to this team and you haven't gotten over it. Stop whining and get over it.

The schsl never confiscated the bats. That was a rumor. The AD bought a bat tester and checked the bats and they were found to be legal. The high school league never checked them.

Mr. Shaffer, I am a softball addict as are most that post on this forum. Your "Interesting Read" caught my attention and I decided to go to the link you provided. I seldom chime in but like to keep up with SC & NC high school softball. I decided after reading Mr. Idol post and Gatta's post that I would respond.
There is another article today (4/29/16) on the site. "Aynor Softball Vindicated" You may want to provide a link to this article since you thought the other was so interesting.
Others may want to issue an apology for making unfounded accusations.

Reactions: NA_JACKET
Mr. Shaffer, I am a softball addict as are most that post on this forum. Your "Interesting Read" caught my attention and I decided to go to the link you provided. I seldom chime in but like to keep up with SC & NC high school softball. I decided after reading Mr. Idol post and Gatta's post that I would respond.
There is another article today (4/29/16) on the site. "Aynor Softball Vindicated" You may want to provide a link to this article since you thought the other was so interesting.

So did the SCHSL "test" the bats or did Aynor?

Last edited:
Put your team secondary, and give props to others achiev
Che

So did the SCHSL "test" the bats or did Aynor?

I doubt that SCHSL tested the bats. They are the reason that illegal bats are being used because SCHSL could require all bats be tested by someone certified by the state. The bats could not be used unless a SCHSL stamp/sticker showing the bat was tested. Prior to the season, coachs must submit all bats for testing or they would not be allowed in the dugout. Fairly simple solution.
I believe Aynor was proactive in buying the compression tester and testing the bats. For that, I commend them. Maybe SCHSL could buy the compression tester from Aynor and they could use that money for something to improve their athletic dept.:)
I. would like to see the NCHSSA do the same as well. All states should require testing and remove all doubts and speculation concerning illegal bats.
I'm through posting any more comments after this one but after reading some of the comments posted, I had to respond to those who like to make accusations without any known merit or evidence to back up their claims.
Good Bye!!!

Did you really expect the AD to come out and say yes we had some bats that didn't pass? Do some research and look at the run production and how many home runs since all this went down. The numbers will not lie.

I think it's time to move on from this. SCHSL has.... so it's time for all the crap talkers to do the same. I don't have a dog in this fight....but these kids have shown that they can still win, and still hit multiple home runs, without the bats in question....those new DiMarini bats they have been swinging seem to be the real deal right out of the wrapper....it's not always about WHAT you are swinging....but WHO and HOW they are swinging!! Move on, have your girls take more quality reps, and let the girls play ball!!

You simply have to give a great hitting team, or player, their props. It is hard earned, and trying to deflect great hitters to say they are cheaters is a real big jump. A jump I am unwilling to take.

Great hitters do not need to use illegal bats. Marginal hitters may need to. But that will not make them great hitters.

When great hitters strike the ball clean, it is a home run. It is just the way it is. To imply that a ball was not struck cleanly by a great hitter, and jump all the way over the fence and call them cheaters is insulting.

As for statistics. Sure individual scoring varies a bunch. RBI's and Runs Scored are the ultimate statistic. For it is how a players most affects the outcomes of games. Though errors affect these statistics somewhat. Not as much as some of the other stats.

Last edited:
is there a moderator? Lock or delete this dumb thread

This website "rivals.com" is to promote kids not question or beat down

Last edited:
Reactions: BS100
You know tcollie, you are so right. Maybe you remember this board 3 or 4 years ago. It was a slam session.

But it became something honorable. And with it came readers.

I have my fair share of bad (slam) posts. Many are deleted by me the next morning.

Folks need to realize, SC Softball is on a meterioric rise. It used to be SC was a JR player. GA and NC always trumped us. But no more from what I see on the field today.

It is Twitter, Snapchat maybe to blame. SC keeps more players on the field now. The SC State, the greatest spot in the whole world to raise a daughter, and South Carolina is quickly becoming the go to spot for softball players.

Our board should reflect that.

Last edited:
Just disappointed that schsl didn't get more involved in making a decision.They should have been more involved instead of letting school do test. What to say all schools can't start doing their testing and say all there bats are compliant.one more question,what happens when someone's kid gets hurt by a ball struck by one of these?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/high-school/article74427067.html

Reactions: tcollie

Synergy was not illegal until 2016. Jealous hater wasn't meant for anyone that posted and more about my thought reading the article. Also if you do some research on bat mods it isn't sound that changes. It doesn't sound like the offensive output has stopped. I will say again if a bat is shaved the player should be banned for the year. Burned looking barrels and end caps that have been tampered with are some of the signs. The compression tester wont verify a cheater because it can't tell the difference between a overused bat or a rolled bat. If they take off a end cap a shaved bat is easily determined. Maybe the sound difference has more to do with who is swinging the bat. I promise Abbey Cheeks (google it) bat sounds different than most people swinging a Xeno. Will add the old Synergy and Stealth were some kick butt bats.

Some people just like to hear themselves talk! Austin idol has no clue what bats are legal or not from the sound of his post. Sounds like sour grapes a year later

Reactions: NA_JACKET
Here is the thing most do not understand....Those Easton bats were were awful when taken out of the wrapper. They were made to get hotter after the more swings. The fiber on the inside would break up and become insane. Now if these are the bats some of you are talking about, they could very well have been illegal bats just from use. Not because they were tampered with just because they are 10 year old bats with lots of BP.

I bought I brand new Zeno before a tourny and it was a showcase where they checked bats before the game. Guess what.... 30 min after I bought the bat it failed.

0-2 since and no home runs???

Guess you missed the three home runs they hit in the second loss! Sometimes it's better to keep quiet and let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and leave no doubt.

But yes they are 3-2 since the accusations. Two very tight losses to a great Dillon team. The losses fall on the shoulder of 7 + errors in each game. You don't beat good teams when you give them extra outs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT