ADVERTISEMENT

BHP

Jhawk4

Varsity All American
Oct 7, 2001
Feeling sorry for BHP. No school especially one that puts as much work into making their field look at smooth and playable as Steve Williams should have it destroyed by idiots! I hope they catch the idiot and give Steve 5 minutes with him alone with a fungo bat! I hate to play BHP but thats a beautiful field. Reports are damages may be as much as $20,000 to repair!

What type of damage? Is this one of the instances where a moron with no life takes a car out on the field?

apparently from what I could see from the pictures too wide a base for a car more like a truck. Yeah and apparently cut donuts all over it! I'll let you imagine what the pictures looked like. wet field, wet dirt, wet plate, and a vehicle that broke down a gate! For all the blood, sweat, and tears I have put into our field I literally was sick at the thought of what Williams is going through. They are supposed to play this Friday no way to totally repair it in time will only be able to patch it and then totally fix it after the season. News said 15 to $20,000 in damage. I assume the entire infield will have to be resodded as well as much of the outfield. At least it appeared from the pictures they didnt try to take the vehicle across the mound but then again I was looking at pictures from channel 4 helicopter too so the mound could have had damage too.

Hopefully the idiot(s) run their mouths to the wrong person and they get caught. Lowlifes.

They will. Criminals are stupid. That's why they're criminals.

Originally posted by 2seamspin:

Hopefully the idiot(s) run their mouths to the wrong person and they get caught. Lowlifes.

Originally posted by PalmettoBBFan:
They will. Criminals are stupid. That's why they're criminals.

Originally posted by 2seamspin:

Once found, sue them for the damages and if they are a minor, then sue the family. I'm not big on lawyers and lawsuits very often but in this case, the money it is going to cost to repair and fix this is going to end up hurting the team (fewer things to add to the program to benefit players) or the school (money moved to cover this will delay and deny something that would help the students at the school). If the person who did it is a minor, then the parents need to take some responsibilty for the actions of the minor. If the person is legally and adult, then hold them responsible.

Sure wish we had a "Like" button!!! Whomever is responsible should be forced to not only pay for rea=pairs, but should also be the grunt labor for the crew that fixes the damage.

true would have to be grunt work only because they wouldnt be smart enough to fix the damage they caused. those idiots have no idea how much blood sweat and yep the occassional tears we put into those fields!

Lefty, any and all updates would be great to hear. Publicize what stupidity has as a consequence, hope they put a whoopin on all involved.

Sure thing. I had naturally assumed that whomever did it must have gotten cut from the baseball team at some point or had some serious grudge against Steve or the baseball program at BHP. The one who apparently did this has never even tried out for baseball.

Well, not all that surprising I guess. Where I live now something pretty much the same thing happened where a guy got a big truck from parents and found a baseball field that had not been covered from the rains and he spun the tires and created some big track lines through the field, though he clipped a bit of the mound. Ended up a pretty big deal because the field was rented by the school from the city and so he had more than just the school and school district after him.

Hope this guy has a green thumb because I know I'd want him doing so much manual labor that he'd look like a body builder when he got done on my field.

I once complemented a parent at BHP on the appearance of their field. His reply was "You would not believe how many cans of green spray paint it took to get it this way."

Good people.

The plan I heard was they hoped to patch it enough to play on it and then redo it totally at the end of the season.

I have to admit that BHP has one of the nicest fields to play on that I have ever seen, especially for a high school. The folks over there put a ton of work into their facilities and it really shows.

That's correct. I believe the school/district/athletic dept. has vandalism insurance , but truly fixing it would require them to stay off of it for 4-6 weeks. That's why they're waiting until the post season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT