ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo Post 87 vs Spartanburg

Saw that on Twitter last night. But, if I'm not mistaken, at least 3 of the Dorman kids that will be playing for Spartanburg, McCallister, Hennessy, and Houchens, are not playing this week. Without them, their pitching is pretty weak.

That is where they struggled last night. Spartanburg hit the ball pretty well. Curious COHAZE, who do you follow on twitter for Legion scores?

Getting scores is pretty hit or miss. Todd Shanesy, @ToddShanesySHJ, usually covers a lot of Legion games. He also usually goes on vacation for a week or so around this time, so he may not start covering Legion for awhile yet. Justin Mathis, @j_math23, usually covers some games. Not sure if he's doing it this year or not. This week, I got both Spartanburg scores from @post45inman.

Reactions: BorderDawg
These losses may come back to bite spartan burg at the end of the season. Only the top two teams from each league in the upper state will make the playoffs this year! I would assume it will be between Inman Gaffney and Spartanburg! One of those teams not getting in will be a shame when their better than probably most other leagues 2nd best team!

These losses may come back to bite spartan burg at the end of the season. Only the top two teams from each league in the upper state will make the playoffs this year! I would assume it will be between Inman Gaffney and Spartanburg! One of those teams not getting in will be a shame when their better than probably most other leagues 2nd best team!

Still haven't seen a roster yet, so I'm have trouble getting a feel for how good Spartanburg will be. I know they have McCallister, Hennessy and Wetmore coming back after the HS all-star games. I had heard they had Houchens (SMC) coming back, but now I'm hearing that is not the case. Also heard that Russell Parry is not playing. Sounds like the only front line pitcher they have is McCallister. And, after starting 10 games for Dorman this year, and heading to C of C in the fall, how much of the load can/will he take? After that it's the two Spartan High kids that started the two games this week, Fowler and Stribling, both of whom are pretty hit or miss. Hennessy did not throw all year for Dorman, until the playoffs, but he'll probably have to throw a lot for the Legion team. Ditto for Wetmore. Unless they've got some more pitching that I don't know about, it could be a long summer for Spartanburg.

Union Post 22 beat Lancaster Post 31 Tuesday 10-2. They played a three game series. Haven't seen the scores from Wed and Thurs. Post 22 is in the league with Lancaster, Rock Hill, York and Fort Mill. They play three game series' with each other. Post 22 draws players from UCHS, USC-Union, and Whitmire. Buffalo is the former independent team. They picked up a sponsor this year from Buffalo's American Legion Post.

Union Post 22 beat Lancaster Post 31 Tuesday 10-2. They played a three game series. Haven't seen the scores from Wed and Thurs. Post 22 is in the league with Lancaster, Rock Hill, York and Fort Mill. They play three game series' with each other. Post 22 draws players from UCHS, USC-Union, and Whitmire. Buffalo is the former independent team. They picked up a sponsor this year from Buffalo's American Legion Post.

Does Buffalo still draw from UCHS as well? Where else do they draw from? Woodruff?

Does Buffalo still draw from UCHS as well? Where else do they draw from? Woodruff?

I know they draw from Woodruff. Not sure who else. They may get some from UC. not sure about that. Post 22 has a new coaching staff, but not new to the players. Coached them in Junior Legion and they have moved up together. Very good coaches who know the game. One has been previously a head coach in high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT