ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Weekend

scgaconnection

All-State Pick
Feb 9, 2009
Who you got?
Girls 4A- Spring Valley v. Sumter- SV girls are just too tough
Boys 4A- Byrnes v. Irmo- Byrnes is hot right now, Fowler has proven you can win at Byrnes- would the football guys be playing basketball if Bentley or Miller were still there?? (I don't think so!) Whipple is a legend, and they actually might be better without Shuler- Gunn and Sweat are solid players, like Whipple said, guys just understand their role- I take Irmo, only on experience and Whipple- Byrnes' Srs will be tough, but Irmo in a close one

A Girls- Christ Church over TImmonsville
A Boys- Toss-up, don't these two play like every year for the state?
AA Girls- BE should be outlawed- seriously not fair what they can get away with, I hope Keenan's girls win, but they won't- BE rolls
AA Boys- The Battle kid at Abbeville is tough- but playing in the CLA is tough too, its a shooters nightmare- like you are shooting into space in that place- Don't know much about Timberland- this could be a great game- hopefully some low county hoop heads will jump on enlighten me
AAA Girls- Dreher and MB- like CC and hemingway, don't they play every year? Dreher close
AAA Boys- 3A in the state of SC is the most competitive - this boys game always end up legendary- Does AC Flora get the monkey off their back, or does MV do it again? Mark Snelgrove might be the least recognized and under appreciated coach in the midlands...if he does it again, not for long. Staley needs to prove himself with talent around him- 0-3 at OW and 0-1 with the horses he had at MV? They are battle tested though, I thought Seneca would be in the championship. I take coaching in this one- Snelgrove and the mustangs prevail- best game of the day, hands down.

Again, this board sucks, I am pretty much talking to myself.

Reactions: Garnet&Black24
I think Byrnes wins 4a, I just think they are tougher team. Abbeville shocked me a little. They are more than just Battle. Think they can win it, but I know nothing about Timberland so just a guess.

Class A- I say timmonsville. Justice Gee is the real deal, and she has a supporting cast. Burke was a tough team, and i think timmonsville took them lightly.
class A boys- Hemmingway. those kids are young and hungry and athletic. I really dont like Calhoun county, their coach is way too cocky, and its time to bring them down a notch or two

Class AA girls- BE. Be girls have payback on their minds after Keenan was the last to beat them. Also i'm tired of hearing BE need to be outlaw, funny that person mention BE but left Chrst Church out. Kids on that team, Grew up in the BE system, i doubt its the same at Christ Church, so haters will be haters, BE girls have been playing together for years, growing up, in the BE school system, again, before fools run off at the mouth know something first.

Class AA Boys- Timberland is very very athletic, and is a hard nosed defensive team. they have some guys that can score, but they hang they hat on defense. They have my attention after beating Ridgeland who was #1 in all of AA

Class AAA Girls- its a toss up. Dreher has been killing everyone, and myrtle beach always has a very athletic team.

Class AAA boys- Midland valley can repeat, only because Staley has yet to prove he can win the big one

Class AAAA Boys- Irmo. The jackets are always in games like this and coach Whipple is the real deal. Irmo has a suffocating defense and they have multiple players that can score. RJ Gunn is a matchup nightmare at 6'7, who can shoot from 3 and bang down low

Class AAAA- Spring Valley. I've seen sumter, if they cant score off their Defense, they're in trouble. But these two teams has split so anything can happen

4A
Spring Valley
Byrnes
3A
Myrtle Beach
Midland Valley
2A
Keenan
Timberland
1A
Christ Church
Calhoun County

Last year MV had the hot hands. Not the case this year. Too many missed shots. Flora strolled to the basket over and over. Falcons also shut down the middle. They're a great team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT