ADVERTISEMENT

Chapin and River Bluff

dfoldman

Varsity All American
Aug 21, 2005
How are Chapin and River Bluff? Those are the next two games for Dutch Fork. I know Chapin lost to AC Flora... not a good omen coming to play the Silver Foxes. I see River Bluff will come into the DF game undefeated and they seem to run the ball well. It will take a team that can control the ball and keep the DF offense off the field... they are averaging over 62 points a game. Should be fun to watch.

In a nutshell....AC Flora isn't a good team by any stretch of the imagination. That says all one needs to know about Chapin.

RB being undefeated is a bit of a magical scheduling trick. Hard to imagine they could have dreamed up a weaker OOC schedule. Any decent program 2A, or higher, would crush either.

Somebody has to win, but it doesn't matter in the long run.

In a nutshell....AC Flora isn't a good team by any stretch of the imagination. That says all one needs to know about Chapin.

RB being undefeated is a bit of a magical scheduling trick. Hard to imagine they could have dreamed up a weaker OOC schedule. Any decent program 2A, or higher, would crush either.

Somebody has to win, but it doesn't matter in the long run.

Understood. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. I suspect the DF defense will be out for blood after giving up a few scores against Northwestern- the offense just keeps on hammering away. NW is 0-5 but I suspect I would bet on them if they played River Bluff. This year's Silver Fox team is one of the very best I've seen. I hope they give Chapin a proper Region 5, 5A welcome this Friday.

FEAR THE FOX

True. The teams that Knott's probably couldn't name the score on in the state are in single digits. With Chapin, or RB, his biggest issue will just making sure the final spread isn't so big that it looks tacky.

True. The teams that Knott's probably couldn't name the score on in the state are in single digits. With Chapin, or RB, his biggest issue will just making sure the final spread isn't so big that it looks tacky.

Ready for tomorrow's game. Hope the Foxes are hitting on all cylinders! They are fun to watch.

They won't have to be hitting on all cylinders. Would imagine the JV team could handle this one.

They bring little. RB is a product of abiut the softest schedule of OOC cupcakes that could be dreamed up at any classification. It will be a hammer job, but probably not the huge score total because RB will just run to burn the clock. If they try to pass Knott's might score 90 with enough possessions.

They bring little. RB is a product of abiut the softest schedule of OOC cupcakes that could be dreamed up at any classification. It will be a hammer job, but probably not the huge score total because RB will just run to burn the clock. If they try to pass Knott's might score 90 with enough possessions.

One thing that DF brings is a much better defense than people realize... the 1st team defense has only given up one TD in 5 games against Spring Valley, Irmo, Boiling Springs, Northwestern and Chapin. The offense gets the hype ... deservedly so... averaging almost 600 yds and 64+ points per game... the last three games have seen output of 651 yds, 687 yds and 694 yds- as witnessed at the games I've attended, DF doesn't need time of possession to pile on the points. However, the first team defense is playing lights out too and is overlooked at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT