ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch Fork...2019

dfoldman

Varsity All American
Aug 21, 2005
With Olenchuk, Hyatt, Hoff, Underwood, Hall and some key OL and TEs returning on offense, and key DL, LB and DBs coming back on defense next season... I don't know if anyone can measure up. They could be even better on offense next season. I do hope they find a way to get Underwood and Hall in the game more than second half mop up. They are talented for sure and would be starting at any other HS, but when you have Olenchuk and Hoff in front of you, I understand but they need to be on the field more- extremely talented. Johnson and McDaniel coming back in the secondary next season will be huge...good LBs and down linemen coming back as well. Unless something drastic happens...I can see another 5A title for the Silver Foxes.

Even if they weren't coming back, the machine that Knotts has set up seems to keep generating talent. And his teams are the best coached teams one will see at the HS level. Put that combination of talent, and Knott's coaching talent together, and everybody else is just playing for 2nd place. Don't see that changing until Knott's leaves, or just starts to lose interest for whatever reason.

Even if they weren't coming back, the machine that Knotts has set up seems to keep generating talent. And his teams are the best coached teams one will see at the HS level. Put that combination of talent, and Knott's coaching talent together, and everybody else is just playing for 2nd place. Don't see that changing until Knott's leaves, or just starts to lose interest for whatever reason.[/QUO

Agreed. DF was 4 or 5 TDs better than anyone in the state this year and I don't see that changing next year with the talent returning. I have to chuckle when I go onto some of the Upstate sites and listen to the Dorman, Gaffney and Byrnes whiners talk about what coulda woulda shoulda happened this season if their team had made it to Williams Brice... they would have gotten "rantova" like everyone else did this season by the Foxes. Hanna was a good team, not just for SC but for the region/nation, and DF is at a different level now. Knotts has worked methodically building the system and the program. Those three Upstate teams need to figure out how to beat TLH first. Herron will have them back in the title game soon if I don't miss my guess. Next year's talent looks outstanding for DF and the pool for 2020 looks good too... I think the second best team in the state may wind up being a team like Summerville or FD. Those teams do not get the credit they deserve.

Knotts is simply a magician. It's amazing what he gets from the kids. Really special to see. I watched it here in Charlotte with his run at Indy.

Knotts is simply a magician. It's amazing what he gets from the kids. Really special to see. I watched it here in Charlotte with his run at Indy.

And yet he won't schedule any of the Georgia big school powers! HECK, he won't even interview for a J O B in Georgia big boy ball, to see if he is REALLY the real deal! If you'll notice, he ALWAYS takes jobs in a metro area, where there is plenty of talent to pick from! Or does anybody think that it's a coinkidink, that Dutch Fork thrives, when former power Irmo, does NOT!

Even if they weren't coming back, the machine that Knotts has set up seems to keep generating talent. And his teams are the best coached teams one will see at the HS level. Put that combination of talent, and Knott's coaching talent together, and everybody else is just playing for 2nd place. Don't see that changing until Knott's leaves, or just starts to lose interest for whatever reason.

It woulda been interesting to see if he would have abused Byrnes, when Bobby Bentley was around! And give Coach Herron a few more years to recruit like Tommy Knockers does, and we'll see what's what at Dutch Fork! And while Tommy is waiting, the Colquitt County Packers are ALWAYS available, with SEVEN open dates a year!

It woulda been interesting to see if he would have abused Byrnes, when Bobby Bentley was around! And give Coach Herron a few more years to recruit like Tommy Knockers does, and we'll see what's what at Dutch Fork! And while Tommy is waiting, the Colquitt County Packers are ALWAYS available, with SEVEN open dates a year!

What do they pack?

Reactions: blackdog232
I think DF has a jamboree in Sumter vs Sumter, then scrimmages vs Spartanburg and Hillcrest. I think the Spartanburg scrimmage is tomorrow, at DF

I live up in Charlotte and there's serious hype around this year's Mallard Creek team. I'm not sure they can stay within 20 of Dutch Fork.

Knotts was very upset they didn't get to play last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT