ADVERTISEMENT

Class Act!

Mar 29, 2014
Traveling to Cresent High to watch Hartsville play in their Spring Break Tornament for the first time, I had no idea what to expect. What I found was a Coach and Man (Gary Adams) and dedicated softball parents and fans who really put on a 1st Class Tournament. The weather was perfect, the facilties were excellent, and the people were very curtious and appreciative that we were there. If you get the Invite to play this one, I highly recommend it!
GO RED FOXES!!!!

Spot on... Gary is a great guy and runs a great program. Would like to add that they also have a true fan in Granny Gibson... You have to take her as she is " A die hard Crescent Fan" and a believer in those Crescent softball girls and coaches.. if you look at her any other way then you have issues. This sport needs more fans who will motive these girls and stick behind them whether they are winning or losing. If you don't know Granny Gibson then Please research her and you will understand and truly respect her.
This in my opinion...

By far my favorite environment to watch a softball tournament! For actual tournament rules I like Aiken's Triple Crown where games aren't timed. I agree with the other comments about Gary Adams and Granny Gibson. The whole deal at Crescent is awesome!

Speaking of Granny, she won me over a few years back. We (Palmetto) were in the region with Crescent at that time and had developed a pretty friendly rivalry with them. They won the region (as usual), but, we were fortunate enough to beat them in the Upper State playoffs and ended up advancing to the state championship against Dillon. For the state championship game at Palmetto, Granny shows up, early, dressed in her Crescent gear, and cheered for our Palmetto kids almost as loudly as she does the Crescent girls. She showed a lot of sportsmanship that year and we appreciated her support. Coach Adam's program is probably the best run in the state and he and his staff do a great job. Granny is a neat lady who just loves her local team!

Originally posted by ladylightning:
I believe all the games went 7 innings unless run rule came into affect. Good competition at tournament.
Very Good! I hate time clocks on softball games!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT