ADVERTISEMENT

CLEMSON is adding softball!!!

Both coaches have been stalwarts for Upstate softball in many ways outside of college team. The sacrifice to give, and a tip of my hat.

Last edited:
If my last name was Radakovich, I'd hire Madison Shipman from Tennessee to be the first coach. Would be a Dabo type pick. Take a chance on someone young and energetic. Shipman was the all-American short stop from TN, former Cali player, playing in the highest level of D1 SEC ball and asst coaching under two legendary coaches.

CU geographically should be able to draw the best of the best and be in real contention right away. Too bad Hoover will be out of eligibility by the time they start.

If my last name was Radakovich, I'd hire Madison Shipman from Tennessee to be the first coach. Would be a Dabo type pick. Take a chance on someone young and energetic. Shipman was the all-American short stop from TN, former Cali player, playing in the highest level of D1 SEC ball and asst coaching under two legendary coaches.

CU geographically should be able to draw the best of the best and be in real contention right away. Too bad Hoover will be out of eligibility by the time they start.

I think she would be a great choice for a more established program , but I think Hawkins would be perfect to build a program from scratch in the upstate area .

Reactions: NA_JACKET
Gerry Glasco.....that is all!
Agree along with the Upstate guys you couldn't go wrong. I will add one more name I am confident will come up Kevin Fagen http://www.cfsoftballcamps.com/head-coach-kevin-fagan.cfm
No inside info but it wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't choose someone that hasn't been out of college ball long to be a program builder and if I did it would be pitching related hire.
Edit to add I don't want to see anyone I know in that orange. I am a Calvin Beamon fan as well and hope he stays at USC a long time.

Last edited:
Agree along with the Upstate guys you couldn't go wrong. I will add one more name I am confident will come up Kevin Fagen http://www.cfsoftballcamps.com/head-coach-kevin-fagan.cfm
No inside info but it wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't choose someone that hasn't been out of college ball long to be a program builder and if I did it would be pitching related hire.
Edit to add I don't want to see anyone I know in that orange. I am a Calvin Beamon fan as well and hope he stays at USC a long time.

Yeah, it hurts me enough already to see Monte Lee wearing orange .

Reactions: NA_JACKET and HHSLF
I would agree that the upstate coaching staff should be considered. However, personally I believe they both have to go. What happens if Hawkins goes and Pack stays at Upstate? I'm not sure Clemson is as successful and I believe Upstate would continue to win the Asun and make the NCAA.

IMHO

Couldn't go wrong with Coach Fagan either. Coach Navis? There have been to many SC players leave the State and this is a Great opportunity to help keep our highly talented young ladies Home!

I would agree that the upstate coaching staff should be considered. However, personally I believe they both have to go. What happens if Hawkins goes and Pack stays at Upstate? I'm not sure Clemson is as successful and I believe Upstate would continue to win the Asun and make the NCAA.

IMHO
I hope if Clemson went with Hawk they would look to bring the staff and pay them enough to get them. Upstate is a fine program but I am guessing Clemson will build a facility that is on par with USC and with the right coach will compete in the ACC quickly.

Reactions: tcollie
Don't need to see Josh in orange! You look at Glasco path to college and it started with travel ball. Those connections sure help.

Reactions: HHSLF
Hawkins has absolutely taken his opportunity and made the most of it at Upstate. He built that program from nothing. He and Pack have worked well together. I hope Radakovich gives Hawkins the opportunity at Clemson. Whether Pack would go with Hawkins or be the HC at Upstate....I believe both will remain successful.

Pack and Hawk are a package. Its not 1 or the other. Pack is the recruiting legend and Hawk does the coaching. They are in College WS within 5 years if Clemson hires them.

Couldn't go wrong with Coach Fagan either. Coach Navis? There have been to many SC players leave the State and this is a Great opportunity to help keep our highly talented young ladies Home!
Navis not HC material.

Reactions: joedel
Pack and Hawk are a package. Its not 1 or the other. Pack is the recruiting legend and Hawk does the coaching. They are in College WS within 5 years if Clemson hires them.
I think it will take a few years longer but not much longer. I do think in five years they could compete for a chance to get there and maybe a regional team by year 3. If they make a mistake hire it could be 10 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT