ADVERTISEMENT

coach getting ejected in tonights 3a game ?

softballdad06

Rookie
May 8, 2013
Heard Chapin head coach got tossed over a play at third . Any info on this being the truth, and if so does this leave him out of next game ?

Is he allowed on School Grounds at all or is he barred from School grounds altogether. I guess he didn't take his own wisdom about adjusting to the Umps.

This only applies to games unless the district has some sort of policy. There is a appeal process but a denied appeal means a $300 min. fine and possibly a one game suspension.

He did get ejected. Was at that game, worst officials I have ever seen in action. Playoff softball deserves better than that.
By the way, Lancaster player father here. Bad calls for both teams, maybe 1 or 2 more that benefitted Lancaster. Field and plate umpire both made several bad calls. Strike zone seemed to be different for each team, but our pitching was not consistent Mon. night.
Like I said earlier, playoff softball deserves better officials so the game truly ends up being about the play of the girls on the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rookies#4
The umpire can never be the deciding factor in a game if a team executes properly. Lack of execution and people are quick to point fingers. My philosophy to our kids is to take the umpire out of the equation and learn their zone early. Some call them outside, some don't, some like them high, some like them low. Adjustments are essential if you want to compete at a high level

That post above came from Chapin Head coach a few days ago. So my question is does it only apply when its in your favor or do you still stand by that statement ? That being said Chapin has a great squad and much to be proud of , good luck tonight . May we all pray for a fair and safe game for both squads .

Last edited:
My opinion is that he would stand by that statement, as would every Chapin fan I have spoken to. I haven't talked to anyone, nor read any posts, that insinuate the umpires cost Chapin a loss in the Lancaster game. As noted by a Lancaster parent in a separate post, they were equally bad both ways.

This is all water under the bridge in that Daniel eliminated Chapin and their coach acted with class tonight as well as his girls. Great Game!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT