ADVERTISEMENT

Coach?

dfoldman

Varsity All American
Aug 21, 2005
...has anyone heard any names circulating about the vacant Pickens position?

Peggy Anthony will be the new coach at Pickens. She is the only coach who can win over there!

I kept hearing Boggs. The guy that used to be at Westside. Seems as if no one with openings wanted to announce a move during the holidays.

I think he played at Pickens back years ago, after my time there but I think he played there. I have heard from friends that he is a good guy and a good coach. I think he was at Walhalla and Westside. My mom is a Boggs and she still lives there on the old Boggs dairy farm just north east of Pickens under Glassy Mountain, and I am guessing he is kinfolk some how. Lots of Boggs around Central and Liberty....or used to be..ha. He might be a good choice. They need to hire someone soon, as we all know making a good program is a year round task.

He played at Pickens in late 80s/early 90s. He played in the Shrine Bowl in 90, then went on to play at UT-Chattanooga. Really got the shaft at Westside. Was only in the 2nd year of a massive rebuilding project and got caught up in the politics of the super firing Fouch at Hanna.

A VERY good coach and a BETTER person- Boggs would be a SOLID hire. Pickens is not going to start interviews until next week.

I heard from a trusted friend (who is my thoughts and prayers, as a lost his father a few months ago and just the other day lost his mother- you have my best Doc) a while back that Coach Boggs was a good decent man and a good coach. All I hear is good things, and I hope PHS reaches out to him.

Boggs will get this job. Staff will pretty much stay in tact as well thanks to Pickens County's inability to fund more teaching/coachin slots

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT