ADVERTISEMENT

College Commitments

Interested to see where Burris lands. Had a really great post-season and can safely assume wrestled his way onto a lot of different radars.

Reactions: Claw-N-Tilt
Talon Seitz to University of Nebraska-Kearney! Strong, deep, highly competitive program at the D2 Level! I myself am interested in watching him go on to win a couple national titles for them, myself.

-AJ Alford

Burris' uncle posted that Rian is headed to the Citadel. Good for him. Class act.

I'd say that's a pretty rash accusation. Athletes commit and de-commit all the time in a myriad of sports for any number of reasons.
Not a violation on the kid, more so on Newberry coach. All though it could be on kid if he visited Newberry while still signed to an NLI, or if he even visited Coker while still on NLI for Limestone. If newberry coach was hired and he was still signed on NLI for Coker, that would be a recruiting violation and should be reported. Its putting kids eligibility in jeopardy.

Just so I can provide some clarity on this issue for those who may no be inept with NCAA rules and transfer regulations. He was in the process of signing when the coaching change occurred. He also followed the proper protocol with the NCAA , Limestone, and Coker getting a release and declining his NLI. Therefore no NCAA rules were violated . If you have any questions about Newberry College Wrestling please direct them at me. Thanks.

Not a violation on the kid, more so on Newberry coach. All though it could be on kid if he visited Newberry while still signed to an NLI, or if he even visited Coker while still on NLI for Limestone. If newberry coach was hired and he was still signed on NLI for Coker, that would be a recruiting violation and should be reported. Its putting kids eligibility in jeopardy.
I don't know if I agree but I'm not familiar with rules. If he signs for one school another coach cannot solicite information in an attempt to recruit that athlete, therefore committing a violation..

It doesn't matter where this wrestler/kid goes to college. This is still AMERICA and he has the right to change his mind unless the Dummycrates get their way. I wish him the best and it's none of our business what he does or what college he goes to. Leave him and the coaches alone. It's a shame that this kid is trying to go to college and this type of accusation's are being thrown at him and the colleges in question. All of this should stop. Just ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT