ADVERTISEMENT

Collegiate Softball Leagues

Noles0509

Two Year Starter
Apr 7, 2015
Is there any collegiate summer softball leagues? I know baseball has a good bit of them but was just wondering if there were any for college softball players? If not that then are there any 23U teams around the area?

College softball is predicated by what the college coaches want. They are the ones using the power of the purse to dictate their players off season work.

Now with the Olympics off the table, the players simply do what their college coaches say. Thus there are very few summer softball for college softball players.

The in season is very rigorous, both fall and spring. This occurrence of the lack of summer leagues, leads only to the conclusion, the college coaches would rather their player reguvinate their bodies, and minds, during the summer.

It is welcome to more than a few parents, who congratulate the system. As college softball begins in early fall, and ends with a national playoff venue for all players at the end of spring.

Baseball has competing interests. Namely getting a lucrative major contract. Thus is why they play in summer.

Last edited:
What if they played a couple tournaments a month and was approved by their college coach? I see there's a beach league in Myrtle Beach that has 8 supposed collegiate teams. Anyone know anything about this?

I am sure you are right Noles. Just not the norm these days.

I get the folks who want to get their college player ahead. Heard just recently about a locale D1 Upstate player, who spent time waiting for the upper class to clear, for her to rock the park.

Because she spent extra time waiting for the moment, and doubling down on private hitting instruction. Much to be said about this. It brought her glory to and from for the inside set.

Keep digging. That is what softball is. The ones who keep digging, no matter the venue, or method, get my best SC respect.

Thanks. Just curious.
If you would like send me a text to 803-640-7905. I know a couple of 23U coaches I can contact. I can't imagine any college coach asking you not to play it. Its to their advantage. I have seen numerous Big South, SoCon, ACC and SEC players doing it. Also seen South Alabama and Florida Atlantic players.

its amazing to me how uninformed people are about college athletes. PLAY PLAY PLAY,,,as much as you can as long as you can...unfortunately, many college athletes need to get jobs during the summer restricting the amount of games they can play. However, 23 and under could be HUGE in this state if someone wanted to put together a league

I understand what college athletes go through I played college baseball. I also understand they need to get jobs to make money but they can get jobs in the morning and play at night like the collegiate baseball leagues do. Can be done I'm trying to find out how to do that. Any information would help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT