ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel

The Guru's

Varsity All American
Sep 22, 2010
Who's next? Do they bring Cathcart home? With Pickens County there is no telling where this thing will go.

Someone who will be willing to trade salary for a great opportunity to win, to live in a really cool area, or someone who's better half makes a good living and can relocate. The salaries over there are very poor. That being said, if you can live on a shoestring budget it's a great job.

Chad Smith comes back to Pickens County.

Actually the coach on staff that looks like a Pro Wrestler may get it.

Chad Smith comes back to Pickens County.

Actually the coach on staff that looks like a Pro Wrestler may get it.
images

Smith would be a terrible hire.

Word is if he's hired, the QB is going to Christ Church because he won't play that scrum offense garbage.

I heard that too. Best bet for Daniel is to stay away from smith. And hire from within. If they hire someone else the qb may not be the only leaving

Another name I heard today was Scott Durham at Andrews. He went to Pickens and spent a number of years on Chuck Reedy's staff at Goose Creek before leaving to become head coach at Andrews. Not sure if he would be interested in moving across the state. I was told he was approached by Seneca, but said no thanks.

I heard that too. Best bet for Daniel is to stay away from smith. And hire from within. If they hire someone else the qb may not be the only leaving
They can "move" to Moncks Corner...
1. Go to "that" barber shop
2. Wink 3 times
3. Obtain residency papers

It's the type of offense that Chad smith runs not him as a coach personally. Good guy just doesn't fit the teams scheme/strength

Daniel hasn't been very successful in a while. Not since Siterlie. Why wouldn't their faithful fans be willing to accept something that would give them a chance to win big?

Reactions: Cockytimescocky
WHEN THE COACH LEAVES FOR HEAVEN ON EARTH, DAANIEL WILL FIND ANOTHER

Hasn't been successful in awhile? After the 98 season what did sitterle do? Did he make it past the 2nd round. The only thing coach Rob hasn't done is won it all. Besides that he has done great with that program. Ask Jenkins, nuk, Williams and Lawson they don't have a problem with him. It's so easy to try and coach from the stands. Sitterles offense couldn't hang like it did in the 90s. It's a passing game except for a few but trying to play the likes of south pointe and teams like that I don't think sitterle could hang. Just my opinion. Daniel hangs onto the 90s like Pickens hangs onto the 70s

Hasn't been successful in awhile? After the 98 season what did sitterle do? Did he make it past the 2nd round. The only thing coach Rob hasn't done is won it all. Besides that he has done great with that program. Ask Jenkins, nuk, Williams and Lawson they don't have a problem with him. It's so easy to try and coach from the stands. Sitterles offense couldn't hang like it did in the 90s. It's a passing game except for a few but trying to play the likes of south pointe and teams like that I don't think sitterle could hang. Just my opinion. Daniel hangs onto the 90s like Pickens hangs onto the 70s

That region has been a 2 team region for the last 15 years with the exception of Seneca this past year and Wren when Bryant was recruited "um excuse me" moved there. BHP and DWD have ruled that region. It is a pathetic. Palmetto, Pickens, Walhalla, West-oak, they were all easy wins.

As for as Jenkins, Nuk, Williams and Lawson: Those guys just show up. You don't make them. Just like South Point didn't make Gilmore and Clowney.

So no,Robinson has not done that much with what he was blessed to have. A easy region, with NFL talent.

I agree with you on the region being easy. And yes Daniel and BHP have ruled that conference. honest opinion do you think if sitterle was there that them boys would be in the nfl. Prolly not. Nuk would have probably tried to follow his dream of a basketball star. Sitterle didn't care about his players and what they did after the last game played under him. Coach Rob at least tries to get them boys into college. And well when my boy grows up if I had to choose between a high school state championship ring or my kid going to college playing football (maybe a free education) that's a no brainier. It looks like he wants to take care of them after high school.

Reactions: TigerTime2015
Daniel hangs onto the 90s like Pickens hangs onto the 70s

Can't say as I blame them. Titles in '91, '92, '95, & '98. Runner up in '97. If that were my school, I'd hang onto the decade too! That '91 team is the 2nd best AAA team these eyes have ever seen.

If you are good enough it does not matter the type offense you are in! Brett Favre- Wishbone QB!
Your crazy. That's why you see Byrnes keep hiring people that run the same offense. You don't see them trying to hire someone who runs the wishbone. When you got a program that is running plays from rec to high school you don't want to change it up. So I believe it does matter who you hire

You are incorrect. No matter the size of the school and the scheme- if you can play, they will find you. Proven over and over. If the HC works and gets the name out, the scheme means SQUAT.

Your crazy. That's why you see Byrnes keep hiring people that run the same offense. You don't see them trying to hire someone who runs the wishbone. When you got a program that is running plays from rec to high school you don't want to change it up. So I believe it does matter who you hire

Sure- they have the personnel to do it and it makes the kids come out. I agree. BUT football existed and worked before the spread! The worst thing to see a team running the spread just because it is the "thing." Still a system does not determine if a kid can play.

Ok that's why almost every team is a spread or should I say the elite programs are.

Reactions: Sleehrat84
I agree with that statement. But these kids also try and look past high school. If Ben Batson stays in a spread offense and throws for 3000 yrds or if he was running a wing t. which one would Clemson or some of these other programs look at is all I'm saying.

I agree with that statement. But these kids also try and look past high school. If Ben Batson stays in a spread offense and throws for 3000 yrds or if he was running a wing t. which one would Clemson or some of these other programs look at is all I'm saying.
I would try to hire the oc at Hanna. Did a great job there and also played at Clemson.

Where is Chad Smith at now? Clover? Wherever he is, how has he done there?

Chad Smith is not interested in the Daniel job; he is happy ant Clover and excited about his players and community there.

I will say this- a player being able to hold a school hostage with its hiring speaks mightly for today's culture. I see the "good ole days" of sports are dying!

I would try to hire the oc at Hanna. Did a great job there and also played at Clemson.

I think he would be a fool to leave right now. With the kind of talent Hanna has on both sides of the ball, they have a chance to play for if not win state the next 2-3 years. We played DWD this past year and beat the snot out of them 31-7. Could have been a lot worse but we started subbing early in second half. DWD only scored because we had all back ups in game when they did. They have very little talent.

In my opinion, he should stay, possibly get his ring are two then when all this talent leaves that's when you go and get a head coaching job somewhere. State rings are hard to come by. Westside nor Hanna have ever won state in football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT