ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel

6 wins the last 3 years

Well that answers the question about Chad Smith. Maybe the little bit of success at Easley was more a run of better than average talent, than coaching. But speaking of Daniel, is Will Young not in the mix? Not sure if he would leave Greer, but he is a Daniel guy. Can't imagine someone hasn't at least contacted him to gauge his interest.

Personally I don't think Will would leave Greer. He's got a good thing going and his wife is the HVB Coach @ Furman, their kids are in school in the area and I just don't see them uprooting and moving to the Daniel area. He'd be a good Coach there for sure but I just don't see that move happening.

Reactions: birdcol
Abiut what I figured as far as Will Young. He would be an obvious candidate. But has been at Greer a long time, and figured family situation may play into things. Although with Marion Waters retiring as principal you never know. Believe I was told once that their is some type of connection between Waters and Young which probably got him the gig at Greer to begin with. I doubt they could afford him, but I would throw a flyer at Mark Hodge at Chapman. Has had success at Chapman, and what he did at Carolina proved an awful lot. Really surprised his name hasn't been more prominent for some big jobs. Heck of a coach. But from what I understand, I doubt the Pickens County pay scale in no way compares with the pay scale in Spartanburg County.

DWD makes a great hire by promoting current DC Jeff Fruster to head coach this afternoon. He's been an assistant for 10 years with 6 as DC. He's going to do great things as head coach.

Reactions: birdcol
Even though it's already made. Just to clarify mox I believe that Greer may be considered Greenville county and not Spartanburg which their pay scale isn't any better than Pickens. Tigertime you are correct it was the right hire. Hope Daniel nothing but the best and their new coach.

Reactions: TigerTime2015
Even though it's already made. Just to clarify mox I believe that Greer may be considered Greenville county and not Spartanburg which their pay scale isn't any better than Pickens. Tigertime you are correct it was the right hire. Hope Daniel nothing but the best and their new coach.

I was under the impression that just about any county (even Greenville County which doesn't take football seriously) pays better than Pickens County for about any position. Regardless, my thought that they couldn't pay with Spartanburg was in reference to Mark Hodge as I thunk he is one of the best coaches around who is kind of under the radar. But Daniel has made their hire. Everyone from Daniel seems to be pleased, so that is good enough. If you please the hone folks, they usually know best what the program needs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT