ADVERTISEMENT

Early to Gaffney

midline

Varsity All American
Dec 27, 2007
JB is reporting that Jones is stepping down at the end of the season and that Scott Early will replace him. Early will cause a lot of problems with that kind of talent at his disposal.

Exactly where was Westside when he took over? In the tank. Done a pretty good job. Maybe you folks down in Greenwood with all that tradition might ought to worry about beating Hillcrest

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Unless the coach retires or gets another job I just don’t see how. They just beat Spartanburg.

No doubt that Greenwood was out coached by Porter. The question is where is Westside now, not the season to hang your hat on.Don't see the rams having to look for a new coach in the near future. Unlike some programs Greenwood is not satisfied with the status quo.

Unless the coach retires or gets another job I just don’t see how. They just beat Spartanburg.

According to JB, Jones is stepping down. According to him Gaffney may go through the legal charade of opening up the job for resumes, but that it is a done deal. And JB and Early are pretty tight. Doubt seriously he would put that out without it being true, or without Early's approval

Whats all the hype about Early every year..he rode Golsons arm at Myrtle Beach..had an undefeated regular season at lexington and lost in the first round of the playoffs...just dont get it...what has he done since MB?

I know a lot of folks don't like Earley, as he apparently doesn't care to win the most popular award. That being said he has done a good job wherever he has been. And you can blame it on pure luck with athletes. But most schools that win have some great athletes. But what he has done at Westside should validate his skills. Took a program that was in the tank and made it relevant.

ADVERTISEMENT