ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoy & Share An April Thought For Tuesday

bsimpsonhg

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
We'd love for you to subscribe to our weekly Thought For Tuesday. Sign up FREE at our web site. Wishing all of you a wonderful season. Let us know any we can help with instructional needs. Regular scheduled camps and clinics, Customized Clinics at your site, psych softball opportunities, and more.

HIGHER GROUND
A Thought For Tuesday

Bobby Simpson April 12, 2016 Copyright Higher Ground 2016

When my daughter was a young girl, and later a teenager, she hated to be given “cause I told you so” as a reason WHY she could or could not do something. So, I told her that she could always ask me WHY and that I would give her a reason. I said, “You may not like my reason, but I will give it to you.” Working earlier for Syd Thrift at the KC Royals Baseball Academy, we always challenged baseball tradition and constantly asked, “Why,” often following that with, “Prove it.” However, there are times when it is really not for us to know. If the plate umpire squeezes or expands the strike zone, it is probably not for the pitcher or hitter to know WHY. The player, and hopefully the coach, will quickly recognize the zone and adjust, or pay the consequences. At a press conference with a military leader, it is not for a reporter to know how many troops are taking part in an upcoming attack. Let’s learn when some stuff simply ain’t none of our business!

And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.” Acts 1:7 NKJV

REGISTER NOW WITH DISCOUNTS: College Prep SELECT CAMP (June 19-24: 13 & older before 01-01-17; resident or commuter campers) and FUTURES Day Camp (June 21-23: 10, 11, or 12 during 2016) in Columbus, GA (venue city of 1996 Olympic Softball Games). Staff includes leading hitter for 1996 USA Olympic Gold Medal Team, member of 2004 Greek Olympic Team, college coaches, former member of USA National Team, and many others. Celebrate the twentieth anniversary year of the 1996 Olympics, while you get exceptional instruction. You may arrive late and/or leave early. Check online in the Camps & Clinics section or contact us.

www.highergroundsoftball.com
bsimpson@friendlycity.net
229-392-4048

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT