Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
Name: Lane Ecton

School: Dutch Fork High School

Position: Safety/Outside Linebacker

Graduation Year: 2015

Height: 5-foot-11

Weight: 186

Notes: Solid defensive player with strong athleticism. Anchored a state title defense last season with 132 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 6 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 6 pass breakups, 1 punt block, 4 PAT blocks. 132 tackles, 17 TFL, 6 sacks, 4 FF, 3 fumble recoveries, 6 PBU's, 1 punt block, 4 pat block

On the hoof: Very physical football players; aggressive to the football with excellent speed and agility on the field.

On film: Very strong in run support; able to diagnose and breaks on the ball very quickly; has explosive speed. Delivers big blows at contact.

Needs work on: A little to aggressive in run reads and can get in trouble with good play action against fast receivers.

Ranking: I've said Ecton was one of the top DBs since his sophomore season. I like his physical brand of football. Coming off of the junior season, I'd say he's a high three-star player. He has the abilities to play at the FBS level if given the opportunity. He should have no problem at the FCS level.

Early Ranking? I think he's a three-star around the 5.5 range.
This post was edited on 3/18 10:40 AM by JB@Rivals

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News