ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Mill "Brawl on The Border"

JYMF

Three Star Prospect
Dec 9, 2001
Great day of wrestling and instruction. 190 entries and wrestled the last match at 2:45. Medals issued and folks out the door at 3:00. Shout out to all the volunteers, wrestlers, parents, coaches, and staff to put it all together. Solid wrestling with our SC kids, scrappin with some of those Darkhorse and NC guys. Multiple state champs and placers goin at it.
Ken Chertow... Amazing to watch him work. Had a gym full of kids hangin on every word. Really nice how he would just grab the mic and shout out "ok, if you are not on the mat, we're doin "five moves in five minutes".. he would go through an entire series of shots, finishes, and turns, and then turn them loose again. Stayed around all day talkin to kids, parents, and coaches. Great guy.
Future is bright for Queens Wrestling, and an invaluable resource for wrestling in the Carolinas.

Reactions: dmaholtz
I'm the head coach at Nation Ford. If there would be anyone who it would benefit from being critical of this event it would be me and I don't have one negative thing to say about it this tournament. Started relatively on time, ran smoothly, crowd was good, and we got out early. Coach Brock & staff ran a great event. Coach Chertow was great as mentioned above he stayed the whole time. I'll be taking my guys back there again next year.

I'm the head coach at Nation Ford. If there would be anyone who it would benefit from being critical of this event it would be me and I don't have one negative thing to say about it this tournament. Started relatively on time, ran smoothly, crowd was good, and we got out early. Coach Brock & staff ran a great event. Coach Chertow was great as mentioned above he stayed the whole time. I'll be taking my guys back there again next year.

Thank you. If not for a printer(s) problem earlier in the morning (we had a paper jam in one and another that acted as if possessed), we would have started right on time instead of roughly 15 minutes late. Luckily, we had Ken there to entertain those in attendance! Looking forward to having everyone back next year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT