ADVERTISEMENT

Fort vs river bluff

Fort D is far from loaded, but still a good team. River Bluff is winning lower state. Depends which upper state teams wins as to who wins it all. Rock hill lines up well with river bluff and can beat them, but they do not line up well with fort mill who also doesn't line up well with river bluff.

So u dont think Ashley Ridge has any chance at all against River Bluff? I say Fort should have 4 are 5 guys in the state finals this year.

Fort D will have the Parker brothers and maybe the 106 in the finals... The heavy weight will lose to the river bluff heavy weight or the Sumter heavyweight before the finals... This is assuming all these guys qualify and are at the state tournament, stranger things have happened.
As far as AR vs RB, I look for AR to win maybe 4 matches. 132, 182, 195, 220

I wouldn't bet on it... But I am excited that is competitive across the board this year. For past 2 years the state finals match has really been the upper state finals match. With Summerville and Lexington rebuilding lower state has had the individual edge but not the dual edge

I would love to see Robert Cameron bump to 145 to take on Ben Emery. We will be there to watch either way.

Whats weights did fort win last night? Wish I would've been able to make it. Had to work late. I agree cameron and emery would be a good match.

You would be asking Cameron to move up 2 weight classes to wrestle a stud, not a fish... That's a dumb decision. Might be a good match but if AR wants to win they need Cameron to get 6

He's done it before, and won. If you look at their duals, often they move him to neutralize the opponents best 32-45. Emery against Valmores is a guaranteed 6, Emery isn't pinning Cameron, and may lose to him to boot. AR has some depth on their roster to be flexible.

If AR worries about neutralizing instead of winning where they can they throw up a 0. Same with if they bump Trephan to heavy weight. Now Trephan may win that one, but they need him to get bonus points

Robert Cameron is a much better wrestler than Lamar. No slight intended to Lamar, but Robert is better. Hope to see you guys there tonight. Nothing against River Bluff, but I will be pulling for Ashley Ridge, due to region affiliation. Should be good either way.

I believe Emery beat Grey in OT. Lamar Grey and Hayden Prince from Stratford are not the same wrestlers they were last year. They have both stepped it up to a whole new level.

Reactions: Eagle Hater 3333
Robert Cameron is a much better wrestler than Lamar. No slight intended to Lamar, but Robert is better. Hope to see you guys there tonight. Nothing against River Bluff, but I will be pulling for Ashley Ridge, due to region affiliation. Should be good either way.

Ill be making the trip to Fort Mill tonight, but if you guys are going could you post some results as soon as you could? I know SCmat may have them up eventually tonight but it would be cool to know what's happening almost sooner

Reactions: revfrank4
Great match tonight w rb vs ar. One blown call by the ref at 160 made a big difference and the out come of the match. I hope Rb beats RH

No internet at fort mill either. So rock hill went into fort mill and destroyed them. At one point pinned 5 in a row. Fofieted last 2 weights to win 43-29. If rock hill wrestles the way they did tonight on Saturday they'll beat river bluff pretty handily because of the matchups.

AR vs RB was a great match. RB winning the close swing matches was the difference. I agree on the blown call, it was a head scratcher. 2 officials and I still don't think they got it right. You can't give an escape point in that scenario (RB wrestler had legs in, AR wrestler sits through and comes out on top position right as time expires) The initial call was 2 Pt reversal for AR which would have given them that match and the team win, but officials huddle and come out and award 1 to send to over time.

It was almost as if they didn't want to make the call in that situation and let them decide it in overtime, because no way you can give 1 there. It was either 2 pts for reversal or no points.

The other major swing point I felt was with Cameron getting no bonus points in his match. They really needed more then 3 team points there, but only came out of that match with 3. On the flip side Emery got a tech, that sequence was obviously big in deciding the match.

Last edited:
26-25 River Bluff. No internet in the gym.
Actual score
27-25. RB w the early lead, AR came back, came down to the last match as it was AR 25 RB 21
It a grinder. Great effort for both

TP Deduction
26-25 Refs must be snowflakes and this made them feel good about themselves. , the team point deduction was bushleague by them. The kid pointed to his arm. Earlier in the meet they should have deducted a team for the AR kid for storming off the mat with his straps down etc.

To the point of missing the call at the buzzer, you are correct the buzzer had gone off, should have been no points, but the slow extra ref couldn't get his fat a $$ around to stop it correctly.

Last edited:
No internet at fort mill either. So rock hill went into fort mill and destroyed them. At one point pinned 5 in a row. Fofieted last 2 weights to win 43-29. If rock hill wrestles the way they did tonight on Saturday they'll beat river bluff pretty handily because of the matchups.
WOW what the heck happened there? RH must have a stellar MS & youth program - I thought Wilkins and Love would be attending FM

I can assure you that those two are and have always been in Rock Hill's school zone. The last I checked Castle Heights was still just across the street from Rock Hill High.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT