ADVERTISEMENT

Gaffney post 109 defeats Inman tonight

Any reason Gaffney charges more for admission to the game than every other team in the league? Inman, Spartanburg, Greer and Union all charge the same but not you guys. Why is that?

Looking like a Greenville and Gaffney match up in the 2nd round. That would be a pretty good series, one would think.

hey crow is that a place that has a possible bracket? i know its still early but from your post you must know a little something

1) 7A vs 6F
2) 5B vs 7E
3) 6A vs 5E
4) 7B vs 5D
5) 5B vs 7E
6) 6B vs 7D
7) 5C vs 6D
8) 6C vs 7C

1 vs 7
3 vs 4
2 vs 8
5 vs 6

Projections

Greenwood vs Union green
Rock Hill vs Union
Gaffney vs York or Clover both 6 and 6
Greenville vs York/Clover
Lancaster vs Walhalla
Inman vs Anderson
Fort Mill vs Greer
Spartanburg vs Williamston

If it ended today this is what it would be.

So every team in League 6 makes the playoffs?

Projections

Greenwood vs Union green
Rock Hill vs Union
Gaffney vs York or Clover both 6 and 6
Greenville vs York/Clover
Lancaster vs Walhalla
Inman vs Anderson
Fort Mill vs Greer
Spartanburg vs Williamston

If it ended today this is what it would be.

Yes, from what I've heard since there are 16 teams in the upstate. I am hearing there will be some teams forfeiting the first round again.

I figured there would be forfeits. Some of these teams don't really belong in a playoff series, and they know it. Plus, they're tired and ready to go to the beach, again. The state committee should really try to determine which teams are going to forfeit and cull them out NOW. It's not fair for some teams to "win" series based on forfeit while other teams have to play 3-5 games. I guess this would require the committee to play a little fast and loose with the rules. However, they have plenty of experience doing that when it suits them.

In League 6, there are really only two teams worthy of the playoffs, Gaffney and Inman. You can throw Spartanburg in there if you need a third, but that's it. The other three are really shaky.

Do any of these teams have kids that are gonna bolt to play Big League? That's a frequent issue with Greenville/Easley area teams.

Yes, from what I've heard since there are 16 teams in the upstate. I am hearing there will be some teams forfeiting the first round again.

Agreed... Walhalla has couple that are playing Big League but I think that's really it. Easley doesn't have a team anymore due to that tournament. Greenville stopped doing Big League a couple years ago. Anderson has already lost a few due to it, and I don't think Williamston has any.

I was told that the Union (blue) team that they let in the league late has folded. So if those projections are right, Rock Hill gets a free pass? So......they let a team in, screw everyone's schedule to accommodate them to appease some old "tradition" coach, and they turn around and screw the American Legion and bolt.
I would be surprised if the Union team (green) has won a single game all year. And you're telling that is a "playoff" team. Ummmm........Nope!

Reactions: COHAZE
I have heard 3 teams so far that are shutting it down at regular seasons end. Union, Anderson, and Clover. Anyone else?

if Clover only has 2 wins, they shouldn't be allowed in any playoff situation anyway so......
Not trying to be disrespectful. It just doesn't make any sense to have a "playoff" with ANY teams with dismal records.

Anderson and Clover are definitely done. From what I hear Union (blue) is playing out the regular season, and probably will not play beyond that, but that is not totally a done deal just yet.

I REALLY hope the teams that would have played Anderson and Clover don't get first round "wins" by forfeit.

I have heard 3 teams so far that are shutting it down at regular seasons end. Union, Anderson, and Clover. Anyone else?

How else would they do other than give them byes? I would imagine they will just pushed through to the 2nd round.

I am not positive about this but I believe Inman got a bye last year because someone backed out. I could be wrong but it seems like someone did receive a bye into the 2nd round..

If they have an even number of teams, they could simply re-seed the teams and re-draw the brackets. If there is an uneven number, someone has to get a bye. I don't have a problem with 1 of the top seeds getting a bye. But, if 3 teams get byes, something's wrong.

How else would they do other than give them byes? I would imagine they will just pushed through to the 2nd round.

Hearing all 1 seeds are going to get a bye to start the playoffs now. With 3 teams folding they're putting them all at the bottom. Not sure what the updated brackets look like.

Is there somewhere that any of this information is available? Or is it just people's opinions? Not sure why, with the information age we are living in, that there is not a site or link to a central page that is reporting the state's legion baseball info. You'd think that the state that won the National Championship last year would have a web presence to be referenced by fans/players/coaches/sports writers/recruiters, etc

Exactly HOW long have you followed Legion baseball in SC? ;-) Sadly, this is just a typical Legion Friday.

Is there somewhere that any of this information is available? Or is it just people's opinions? Not sure why, with the information age we are living in, that there is not a site or link to a central page that is reporting the state's legion baseball info. You'd think that the state that won the National Championship last year would have a web presence to be referenced by fans/players/coaches/sports writers/recruiters, etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT