ADVERTISEMENT

Gage Cervenka

SCWC

Four Year Letterman
Feb 23, 2014
I was asked to post this...

From a beyond pretty reliable source, who would actually know 100%.....

That Gage Cervenka is wrestling this year and will be going for his 4th State Title.

So, all rumors can stop now I guess.

That's good to hear...hate to see him give up a 4th title for Clemsuck Foosball. You don't see big guys like him come along often in wrestling.

hey, has been I guess you think its cool or funny to make fun of a school you probably didn't get accepted to, but they are trying very hard to get wrestling back at their school.

p.s. mr cervenka, the wrestling guys in our state are very proud of you ,as I am sure your parents and coaches are. good luck in all you do

What does not being a Clemson fan have to do with them getting a wrestling team? I hope they do get one. Still not a fan and has nothing to do with wrestling. Sorry not once did i ever put in to go to clemson...most of us USC fans wouldn't dream of that. I hope Gage wins his 4th and goes on to do well at Clemson but that doesn't mean when they play USC that i won't be pulling against them.

it has been pretty dull reading on here lately as we wait on the competition to start. I figured I would stir things up a little bit
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Dolphin.... I know you were joking, but let's not give people the wrong impression: CLEMSON is NOT trying hard to reinstate the wrestling program. There are individuals outside of the University trying; however, unless someone comes up with a multi-million dollar endowment, I fear they are doomed to failure. I had a slight glimmer of hope during the previous AD's tenure - as he was from Oklahoma and rumored to be a wrestling fan - but still believed it would take a deep pocketed donor. I have no hope wrestling is even on the new AD's radar.

But if we all want to hope, we can pray they institute a tax on students and put it toward wrestling..... but we all know it will go to throwball.
http://www.thestate.com/2014/11/11/3806076/clemson-ponders-athletics-fees.html?sp=/99/205/&ihp=1

Oh, and I understand why the Cervenka kid would choose throwball over wrestling, but I always hoped it would be the other way around. Wondering if he got some interest from bigger wrestling programs - still tough to find HWTs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT