ADVERTISEMENT

Game Two: Byrnes At Ashley Ridge

Go Cocks1

Rookie
Feb 18, 2011
Well, I sure thought AR was done but they overcame the obstacle of missing their middle infield and held serve to defeat Byrnes 6-5 in a nice afternoon ballgame and in front of a great crowd. Byrnes fans traveled well and their student section really into it. AR came out blazing with 3 in the first, Byrnes answered with 2 and back and forth it went till the 7th. Down 6-3 Byrnes got a couple of doubles and all of a sudden it was interesting. Either Cunningham or the !B (can't remember) hit a long ball home run distance but just foul that would have tied it, they settled for 2 and lost 6-5. AR's replacements in the middle infield played ok with 1 error but both had big hits on offense. It was my first time seeing Byrnes, they have some good ones as well. The Duggins or Duggar kid looked big time and the 1Bman had 3 or 4 hits. Byrnes weakness appeared to be at catcher (but thats watching 1 game). Overall a well played game, each team had about 10 hits. Monday will be at White Knoll, 7:00. Cunningham vs Livingston rd 2. Best of luck to both teams, it all comes down to 1 game, glad I'll get to see it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT