ADVERTISEMENT

Hanna at Westside

And other than fort dorchester youve played who? You lost to an average at best Colleton county team by 2 tds. You just lost to West Ashley. I guess I dont see what you see apparently.

Cane Bay is inconsistent, Colleton County lost some players and that was the worst game of the season. They also scored on a fake punt the last play of the game. We fumbled at their goal line as well. If the offense gets rolling they are hard to stop and wear the other team down. I just don't think they are gonna lose by 3 tds...

55 to 7 loss to Greenwood, we only have one common opponent and it was scrimmage against Lexington. I'm optimistic Westside can be beaten.

Our offensive is our hold back right now. They have been down for the past 3 or 4 games. Just a lot of missed opportunities. Right now I'm not sure our offense can put up 3 Tds. I wouldn't overlook anyone right now. We all saw what happened when u do that at greenwood

Reactions: DuckDitchTiger
55 to 7 loss to Greenwood, we only have one common opponent and it was scrimmage against Lexington. I'm optimistic Westside can be beaten.

Duck, the Greenwood game was one of those games that got away early and our coach started pulling starters to prove a point to our kids. They had not had a good week of practice and were all talking about the next week when we would play Hanna for the championship. He did it to prove his point because that game did not matter.

Here is what we have trouble with. Garnet it right on the money. If you are going to have success against our D you have to be able to throw and run it. A one dimensional team will not do well. You have to spread us out and make our safeties stay back. If they don't fear the pass they will come up very quickly and put 7-8 in the box.

As for as our O you better have a good D line. TLH was able to control our run game with their front 4 most of the time. This put us in 2nd & long or 3rd and long a lot. We started running the under neath screens with our back and slot WR's. We had some success with this in 2nd half. Our QB is a very good passer and distributes the ball very well. He is not a great threat to run but can be effective for 4-5 yds at times.

How is your D? Do you have good athletes in the D backfield? Do you have a front that you can stop a run game without blitzing? If you are weak at any of these then we will be able to score and if you are one dimensional we will slow you down enough so that you cannot match us TD for TD.

Defense is pretty stout, we use about 6 or 7 backs. We can throw it when we need to, honestly wished they threw alot more than they do. Good mix of power and speed in the backfield. Sounds like a good match up for both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT