ADVERTISEMENT

Hanna football coach Bruce Ollis turns in resignation

This school currently is a gold mine high level of talent and more on the way. I think that the Administration is all on board to produce a winner they just need to get the right fit in a HC and coaching staff. BUT all that being said GO RAMS!!!!!

Resigned or fired? Forced out? Or walked out?

Hearing different things....

:rolleyes:

Had to deal with a superintendent that made it tough. Crescent is a tough place to coach.

Anybody hearing who is in the lead for new coach? Hearing they are looking heavily at out of state guys.

"His overall record is 287-52, which includes a Georgia state record 287-52 with prior stops at Oconee County High School (where he won a state championship) and Camden County High (where he led his teams to three state crowns)".

That is one hell of a winning percentage!!!!!!!!

would you rather see the same old head coaches bounce around that always bounce around...rarely does a school hire someone who has not been a head coach....good to see some different blood in the state even if it is from out of state.
Out-of-stater

Jerome better get his league in order.[/QUOTE

The Grayson guy wants to get around here something fierce. Was a finalist at Daniel last spring as well.

Same guy that interviewed last spring in area?

Not the same guy that was a finalist at Daniel. The guy from Grayson that interviewed at Daniel had been at Grayson for a while.

This is a great hire for Hanna. This is a solid coach that has won big with talent before. Hanna needs someone who can manage the talent, and I think this guy can do that.

Great hire I always felt Anderson had a good talent pool (Homer) now we have 2 very good coaches to develop it. I just took over as director of Andersons AAU Football program and we are trying to build it on the ground level so maybe we can bring a state title to Anderson. (Roll Rams)

Great hire I always felt Anderson had a good talent pool (Homer) now we have 2 very good coaches to develop it. I just took over as director of Andersons AAU Football program and we are trying to build it on the ground level so maybe we can bring a state title to Anderson. (Roll Rams)

I'm sorry, AAU football? Is that really a thing now?

I'm sorry, AAU football? Is that really a thing now?
Yes sir it really is a leauge in SC a program is required to have three teams 8u,10,and 12u it consists of two divisions upstate and lower state teams from Anderson, Greenville, Spartanburg,Union,Columbia, Charleston, and Beaufort we travel state wide and play football the talent level and in most cases the coaching level is very good you should find a local team and go catch a game nxt season

I hope it doesn't ruin football like it has every other sport. Sooner or later, the ne'er-do-wells infiltrate and hurt the sport. But 7 on 7 is on its way to doing that.

Yes sir it really is a leauge in SC a program is required to have three teams 8u,10,and 12u it consists of two divisions upstate and lower state teams from Anderson, Greenville, Spartanburg,Union,Columbia, Charleston, and Beaufort we travel state wide and play football the talent level and in most cases the coaching level is very good you should find a local team and go catch a game nxt season

No thanks. AAU has done enough damage to other sports, I don't want to support its demise of high school football.

Sorry you guys feel that way but I really enjoy it!! Getting to see some of the states best talent at this level is really exciting.

The AAU football team in Columbia has taken some of the better athletes away from the local middle school teams. I will say this, if the AAU team in Anderson is half as good as the Robert Anderson MS football team, then they are outstanding. I wonder if some of these AAU teams are really recruiting tools for the local high schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT