ADVERTISEMENT

High school home runs...

Feb 21, 2014
Wanted to see how the numbers ended up for many players and teams. As your team finishes its season, please post numbers.

Blythewood hit 30 in 31 games.

Senior, and Winthrop signee, Jessica Roth hit 13 this season and 11 last season.

I'm afraid we're at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to HRs. I'll try to find out what our total is when we're finished though.
Since being built ten years ago, Wando's field (225+ feet) has only given up four HRs that I know of... although I may have missed one which could possibly bring the total to five. And that's counting total HRs by both the home and visitor teams. The first HR came in the first year of playing ball there... with the second one coming six or so years later. Kayla Bannister added two to the total this year in one single game. And that my friends, is a worthy accomplishment.

Blue Ridge ended up with 48 in 27 games

Ansley Gilreath hit 17 she is 10th grader and has 32 for her career (two of those coming in the play-offs so she finished reg season with 15 and also finished with 48 RBIs)
Karly Patterson Junior hit 8
Sametra Duck Sophomore hit 7
Bryanna Waddell senior hit 7

Several kids with between 3 or 4

Blue Ridge has a field that is 210 all the way around so it isn't huge but the team also hit HRs at Berea, Eastside, Greer, Greenville, Chapman, Wren, Pendleton, Chapin, BHP and TR. The only two fields they played on that they did not hit one was Pickens and Southside (played mostly JV kids against Southside)

48 RBI is impressive by itself. Sometimes when I see high HR totals the RBI total isn't as high as you would think. That RBI total had to make a huge impact on the team! I haven't seen many stat lines around that 50 mark. Congrats to Ansley on a BIG year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT