ADVERTISEMENT

***Welcome to PalmettoPreps.com

Chris Clark

All-State Pick
Jan 3, 2005
Everyone,

Welcome to PalmettoPreps.com. My name is Chris Clark and I’m the new publisher here.

To get a bit of background out about myself: I’m a Upstate native who’s worked in high school/recruiting/college team coverage in a full-time capacity since 2009, and for a time before that on a part-time basis. If you ever have any questions about my background, do not hesitate to reach out. I wanted to reserve this space for addressing my future plans for this site and how it can best serve you, the readers and subscribers.

Many of you have been around this website for quite some time and have grown accustomed to it being a place where you can chat about high school athletics, and I want to ensure this stays your home for those discussions. On top of that, I want to create top-notch content that keeps you informed and entertained. You’ll see many of those content items in the coming weeks and months. We hope to bring insight into the state’s top underclassmen, coverage of the high school football season, compelling interviews with players and coaches, and much more. For those wondering, we will have a mix of free and premium content, but it’s my belief you’ll come to believe that the content behind our paywall is well worth it. It’s also my hope that you’ll join the discussion as we continue discourse here as well as revive our premium, subscribers-only message board.

If you have any ideas for coverage you’d like to see on your favorite team/alma mater or Palmetto State athletics in general, please let me know. You can send me a message right here, or email me at palmettopreps@yahoo.com. I always strive to be as responsive as possible to customers and those who read our content. You choose to be part of this website, so feel free to send some ideas that you believe will enhance your experience. Any questions? Please do not be afraid to reach out via email, or right here on the message boards.

Last edited:
ANOTHER UPSTATE MODERATOR, THE LOWCOUNTRY NEEDS ONE????

Hey CITYSLICKER, good to hear from you. Appreciate you being here.

I'm not just the moderator, I'm actually publishing the site here at PalmettoPreps.com. I am in process of grabbing a few folks to be the moderators. You're probably right, I should spread the wealth in doing that and hit some folks from the Upstate, the Midlands, and the Lowcountry, as well as other parts in between :)

Let me know if I can do anything for you!

Reactions: B2G
Yes, what is the meaning of Life, Will we discover the end of the Universe, Is HSFB the ultimate diversion, Does Trump have a chance to make it through his 4 years, ????

kidding aside,,, thanks Chris, All the Best to you and hope this site has a future. Slick 2

Last edited:
Best of luck Chris. The site needs needs a shot in the arm. Especially the message boards. Unless one likes to discuss cityslickers musings, one is about out of luck.

Chris... the site welcomes some fresh air. The slicker uses this to vent his frustrations. Don't take it personally. His diaper is wet and he's just like that. Most posters ignore him.

kidding aside,,, thanks Chris, All the Best to you and hope this site has a future. Slick 2

I appreciate it! It surely does have a future - want you all to be part of it.

Let me know what you all want to see from a content perspective, if there are ever any ideas you may have.

We have several, and will work to get those in place in the coming weeks. This was interesting timing with the high school season here, but we're going to work to make this a great place for everyone.

Best of luck Chris. The site needs needs a shot in the arm. Especially the message boards. Unless one likes to discuss cityslickers musings, one is about out of luck.

Thanks a lot. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make your experience here better.

We're going to have a mix of premium and free content, and the hope is that both will be compelling for our readers and subscribers. Certainly we want to rejuvenate the premium message board as well as this one.

Chris... the site welcomes some fresh air. The slicker uses this to vent his frustrations. Don't take it personally. His diaper is wet and he's just like that. Most posters ignore him.

Ah, that's fine! I've been doing this a while and don't take myself or anything too seriously, ha ha.

Appreciate you taking the time to reach out. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you or any ideas you may have for the website.

Everyone,

Welcome to PalmettoPreps.com. My name is Chris Clark and I’m the new publisher here.

To get a bit of background out about myself: I’m a Upstate native who’s worked in high school/recruiting/college team coverage in a full-time capacity since 2009, and for a time before that on a part-time basis. If you ever have any questions about my background, do not hesitate to reach out. I wanted to reserve this space for addressing my future plans for this site and how it can best serve you, the readers and subscribers.

Many of you have been around this website for quite some time and have grown accustomed to it being a place where you can chat about high school athletics, and I want to ensure this stays your home for those discussions. On top of that, I want to create top-notch content that keeps you informed and entertained. You’ll see many of those content items in the coming weeks and months. We hope to bring insight into the state’s top underclassmen, coverage of the high school football season, compelling interviews with players and coaches, and much more. For those wondering, we will have a mix of free and premium content, but it’s my belief you’ll come to believe that the content behind our paywall is well worth it. It’s also my hope that you’ll join the discussion as we continue discourse here as well as revive our premium, subscribers-only message board.

If you have any ideas for coverage you’d like to see on your favorite team/alma mater or Palmetto State athletics in general, please let me know. You can send me a message right here, or email me at PalmettoPreps@yahoo.com. I always strive to be as responsive as possible to customers and those who read our content. You choose to be part of this website, so feel free to send some ideas that you believe will enhance your experience. Any questions? Please do not be afraid to reach out via email, or right here on the message boards.

Chris,

Congrats on taking over the site. I look forward to seeing what you do with the place!

By the way, I tried to send you an email, but it bounced back. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ah, that's fine! I've been doing this a while and don't take myself or anything too seriously, ha ha.

Appreciate you taking the time to reach out. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you or any ideas you may have for the website.

Well Chris if,,, you are not too serious...I still want answers to those questions....

Chris,

Congrats on taking over the site. I look forward to seeing what you do with the place!

By the way, I tried to send you an email, but it bounced back. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks a lot, appreciate your kind words.

Somehow, my email link was messed up after I edited it. Try again. It should be palmettopreps@yahoo.com. I'll be looking for it!

Well Chris if,,, you are not too serious...I still want answers to those questions....

Alright....

Yes, what is the meaning of Life, - I do believe we all have a purpose.

Will we discover the end of the Universe,- Nope, definitely not during our lifetimes. I'd venture to say never.

Is HSFB the ultimate diversion, - No, it's not.

Does Trump have a chance to make it through his 4 years, ???? - Yes, he does.

There you go. Those answers seemed pretty serious, upon second glance :)

Allllll Righty Then... no aliens... but bigfoot is in Western North Carolina... Go Seahawks !! btw The kid pictured on your best of class 2020 is Seahawk Luke Doty

Hey CITYSLICKER, good to hear from you. Appreciate you being here.

I'm not just the moderator, I'm actually publishing the site here at PalmettoPreps.com. I am in process of grabbing a few folks to be the moderators. You're probably right, I should spread the wealth in doing that and hit some folks from the Upstate, the Midlands, and the Lowcountry, as well as other parts in between :)

Let me know if I can do anything for you!
Me me hire me :)

You wasting time trying to get people to spend money joining anything premium...I'm sure it will be a lot like it was before...everything about a few teams and biased coverage.

You wasting time trying to get people to spend money joining anything premium...I'm sure it will be a lot like it was before...everything about a few teams and biased coverage.

Hope you're doing well. First off, thanks for being part of the site here. To address your points here...

I'll address the second one first. It's my hope that you'll give us a try and see what our content is like before drawing a conclusion such as that one. I can assure you we don't have any intention of being biased, nor do we plan on covering just a few teams in the state. I can't speak to any previous coverage, but there is really no basis to just assume that we will present our coverage in the way you say.

For example, I'm planning on reaching out to Coach Hillary this week at Strom Thurmond to see how he feels about his team this year. As you know, Tre Moore is a really good player for them - the current Georgia State commitment.

As for you first point regarding folks purchasing premium content, I've been a part of several subscription model websites, and it is my experience that people are willing to pay for premium content. If not, things would have died off a long time ago. There are some current trends indicating that the subscription model could actually see a resurgence as serious fans look for actual quality instead of aggregated content, click-bait, video-only debate, etc.

We have a subscription base already here in terms of subscribers that I plan on maintaining and growing. And whether or not a reader is a subscriber here or just participates in the free forum and reads the free content, we appreciate all of them. Look forward to serving the community through our content.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can do to enhance your experience.

Hope you're doing well. First off, thanks for being part of the site here. To address your points here...

I'll address the second one first. It's my hope that you'll give us a try and see what our content is like before drawing a conclusion such as that one. I can assure you we don't have any intention of being biased, nor do we plan on covering just a few teams in the state. I can't speak to any previous coverage, but there is really no basis to just assume that we will present our coverage in the way you say.

For example, I'm planning on reaching out to Coach Hillary this week at Strom Thurmond to see how he feels about his team this year. As you know, Tre Moore is a really good player for them - the current Georgia State commitment.

As for you first point regarding folks purchasing premium content, I've been a part of several subscription model websites, and it is my experience that people are willing to pay for premium content. If not, things would have died off a long time ago. There are some current trends indicating that the subscription model could actually see a resurgence as serious fans look for actual quality instead of aggregated content, click-bait, video-only debate, etc.

We have a subscription base already here in terms of subscribers that I plan on maintaining and growing. And whether or not a reader is a subscriber here or just participates in the free forum and reads the free content, we appreciate all of them. Look forward to serving the community through our content.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can do to enhance your experience.

This is the first season in a very long time that I didn't maintain a premium subscription. Look over my posts and see how long I've been asking for content....I've wasted a lot of money on a dead site...hopefully you will deliver and make this a site we all can be proud of....CSRA football is never visible on here. It's like we don't exist...

Last edited:
This is the first season in Avery long time that I didn't maintain a premium subscription. Look over my posts and see how long I've been asking for content....I've wasted a lot of money on a dead site...hopefully you will deliver and make this a site we all can be proud of....CSRA football is never visible on here. It's like we don't exist...

I apologize for your past frustrations in terms of content. I'd only ask that you allow us a chance to deliver some content and not just assume this or that about what we'll be all about here.

If there are any content ideas/pieces you'd like to see or anything we can do to make your experience better, then please pass them along. Appreciate you being here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT