ADVERTISEMENT

Irmo

matcocock

All-State Pick
Jan 14, 2004
I wonder how long will Irmo deal with the downfall of their football program? I've mentioned on here before Kennedy is not the answer for Irmo. He has proven that in 4 years with a 15-30 record. This year Irmo started out 4-0 (weak non-region schedule) and went 2-4 in the region in which they were defeated by a large margin. Ended up finishing the season with a 6-5 record. Not impressed with them making the playoffs. Seems as if any team can make the playoffs now. Going by what I’ve seen the past couple of years, this team was the most talented team he has had since being at Irmo. My oldest son and I actually traveled to watch them play Summerville last night. So much talent on the field and was very poorly coached. Nothing has changed! same predictable offense and an inconsistent defense. He has underachieved big time and it is really time for a change. Not sure if the change will happen. By the talks of some parents after the game. The administration doesn’t care about the football program. By the looks of it, they just may be right. So only hope for the best.

I think you are right on the money with your comments. Understand that the principal is one of those that could care less about football. And from what I was told by someone within the program, Reggie is close to being fully vested and just doesn't seem to want to put in the effort it takes to win at a high level. And it is a shame as Irmo has had, and continues to have, plenty of talent to compete.

He's one of the highest paid coaches in the state, so I'm sure he's not totally invested in proving himself to be a winner at Irmo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT