ADVERTISEMENT

Job Openings!

1. South Aiken
2.. Manning
3. Cheraw
4. Baptist Hill( Coach Brown suppose to retire)
5. Carolina Forest( Rumor)
6. North Myrtle Beach( Rumor)
7. Lower Richland
8. Eau Claire
9. Chapin
10.North
11.Lincoln

This post was edited on 2/25 10:51 AM by jackets56

This post was edited on 3/6 10:16 AM by jackets56

who gets the White Knoll job?
i would look for Mark Snelgrove to apply- what about Livesay? Is he an assistant at Dreher?

Yes. Livesay is an assistant at Dreher.

Don't know if any upstate guys will apply. But Jamar Armstrong the lead assistant from Greenville High is a good one. Also coaches for Upward. Bright young coach who's extremely intelligent.

Tony Harrell said he labored over his decision to leave Aiken High
School, where he's been the head coach of the boys' basketball team for
the past seven years, to fill the same position at North Augusta High School.

Tony Harrell to North Augusta

White Knoll High has announced the selection of Jason A. Cochcroft as head coach for varsity boys basketball.
Cochcroft currently serves as head junior varsity boys basketball coach and assistant varsity boys basketball coach at White Knoll.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/06/16/3512041/cochcroft-to-be-white-knoll-boys.html?sp=/99/181/620/#storylink=cpy

White Knoll Head Coach

Harrell will win a championship in three years- write it down. All NA has ever needed was a good coach- Al was a great guy but sometimes it looked like he could care less. Tony is a fighter and his kids will respond.

Interesting about Jason cotchcroft- hope he does well

A State Championship in 3 years in Bold, but I agree with your sentiment - Tony Harrell is a great fit for North Augusta and they will be in the mix more often than not.

So dreher needs an asst. does that mean Nate has taken the job at Ac flora? If so good for Ac flora- livesay can win there.
What do you think wise guy?

Livesay has not been offered the job by AC Flora. He may be taking the jv/varsity assistant job at White Knoll.

I'm confused. The Jason Cochcroft I know teaches and coaches baseball at Gilbert and is about 23-25 years old. Is this his dad at White Knoll or no relation at all?

well I guess we were all wrong- Livesay has taken the job at Beaufort.

BAllcoach- thats the other Jason Cotchcroft- the one hired at WK is a lexington guy that played at PC and has been around Lex/WK basketball for the last couple of years, coaching AAU, working kids out, etc...He use to teach but I am not sure he is going to teach at WK

Cochcroft is an insurance agent and I am pretty sure that he has never taught. Used to be that most AAAA coaches were people that had worked in the profession as a teacher and proven themselves at lower classifications and paid some dues. Apparently that is not the case anymore. It is kind of surprising since all school districts are so paranoid about liability issues.

Originally posted by BallCoach17:
I'm confused. The Jason Cochcroft I know teaches and coaches baseball at Gilbert and is about 23-25 years old. Is this his dad at White Knoll or no relation at all?
No relation whatsoever. I actually know both of them

Never thought Livesay would leave the midlands area. Harrell will probably do well at NA and the coach at WK will need a good assistant to watch them in the hallways and do all the school stuff. Lots of interesting openings that came open late - odd year.

Jared Adamson is the new coach at South Aiken. Spent last 2 years in his native Michigan as Head Girls Coach at Tecumseh High. Was Head Girls Coach at North Augusta for 5 years before that.

interesting...he did a pretty good job at NA with their girls program, but they were always talented; if OW wasn't in the region he would have gone further. Why come back from MIchigan for the SA job? They suck.

Did Flora name a new coach yet?
This post was edited on 7/14 2:21 PM by 92phs40

Anyone know why Brett hung it up from coaching at White Knoll? He was one of the best in the state/midlands!

This post was edited on 7/9 11:20 PM by 92phs40

hmmm.
one of best in state? WHite Knoll had some pretty good talent, but seem to be underachieving.

OW Girls coach (Staley) hired to be boys coach at AC Flora.

Also, Presbyterian asst. (smith) is stepping down- I heard to open a crossfit gym?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT