ADVERTISEMENT

Job Openins?

What happened at Wando? Thought that guy was relatively young and didn't they win state last year?
Greer and Wade Hampton (Greenville) are two VERY attractive jobs. Always athletes at Greer, and Wade Hampton always has players.

These three jobs will cause a lot of movement, look for some other jobs to come open because of this.

What happened to Eddie Martin at GAC? He was on top down there in John's Creek every since he left Norcross. Did he take a college job or retire? Just wondering.

stepped down. Wonder if Eaton knows that GAC doesn't offer scholarships like the other private schools do? Players came to play for Eddie, probably won't be the case for the new guy.

During the
early years when he was serving as Jeff Neely's assistant, Greg Miller
thought maybe he'd wind up as Neely's successor as Greer High's boys
basketball coach.
"Then I saw him staying for another 10, 15, maybe 20 years, and it was OK," Miller said.
So
Miller eventually left to become the coach at Riverside. But after two
years there and what he called "a week and a half of craziness," Miller
was back at Greer on Friday, being introduced as Neely's successor.
It
was the latest in the chain reaction that began when R.J. Beach scaled
back from boys basketball coach and athletic director at Christ Church
to just the AD position, opening the door for Neely to take over as
coach of the Cavaliers after 26 seasons at Greer.
That created the
opening at Greer, which is where Miller got his start. He spent two
years coaching at Greer Middle School and then six as Neely's assistant.

Greg Miller to Greer

Originally posted by SouthTexasCoach:
Greer boys? or girls?
actually both. Neeley left to go to Christ Church. Carlton Greene retired. Miller from Riverside is back at Greer to head the boys up. no decision yet on Greer girls.

Nice how that all worked out. Miller did not even have to interview for the job just handed to him.

(Reggie) Choplin, who led the Rams to an epic, two-overtime victory against Wade
Hampton in the Class AAAA Upper State championship game less than four
weeks ago, is expected to be announced as the Generals' boys basketball
coach and the school's athletic director Thursday.
During his 11 years at Hillcrest, Choplin led the Rams to a record of
214-70, including state runner-up finishes each of the past two seasons.

Choplin to Wade Hampton

the Hillcrest job should get some good coaches interest since that has been one of the best programs in the state for as long as I can remember

The Varsity girls and boys job at York are now open. They told the girls coach she will not coach next year, and the boys coach has told the school he is not coming back in 2015-16. Not sure if he is going back to Gaffney to coach.

Whale Branch Early College High School boys basketball coach
Linc Lyles will be the next Beaufort High School athletics director,
Beaufort High principal Corey Murphy said Thursday.
Lyles has been
at Whale Branch since the school opened in 2010. Before that he had
served as an assistant principal and an assistant athletics director at
three schools.

Read more here: http://www.islandpacket.com/2015/04/09/3690320/whale-branch-coach-linc-lyles.html#storylink=cpy

Whale Branch HS

Wando hires 8 year assistant Chris Warzynski as their new coach. He has been an integral part of their recent success.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This post was edited on 4/16 8:06 PM by DC Pops

In the case of Whale Branch, the Early College comes from a program they offer where students take dual credits and can graduate with a diploma and an Associates degree at the end of high school.

York girls team has a new coach, the ladies coach from chester will be coming to york to coach the girls team. I do not see where this is a step forward for york, what is going on in york?

I would imagine it is the girls job. I think their coach from last year did not finish the season. The boys coach just completed his first season and did pretty well. I wouldn't think he is leaving.

Justin Woodberry to be head coach at Riverside HS.

Woodberry, 31, an assistant at Mullins High School for six seasons, replaces Greg Miller, who resigned after two seasons to become the head coach at Greer High.

Woodberry, a 2001 Mullins graduate, helped his alma mater advance to three Class AA Lower State championship games and one state final.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ins-assistant-coach-boys-basketball/28314145/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT