ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Marion

The Guru's

Varsity All American
Sep 22, 2010
What's the word at Lake Marion? The only name I've heard associated with it is Leonard Johnson.

Why?

The sense of community is tough to get there...combination of at least three former high schools , Elloree, Cameron and holly hill Roberts makes it tough. Not great admin support with not many coaching stipends. Tough place to be...especially in new region.

Because Lake Marion has the athletes the facilities etc. Word is they are investing in there program and letting the next coach bring in whoever he needs. They would leave because the district has messed this individual over for too long

he left for ad/head football coach at edisto high school. Not having to teach a class just ad/head football coach. Never been allowed to do that ever before but is being allowed with this guy.

ONE OF THE FEW PLACES WHERE YOU HAVE TO DO A BAG CHECK, WALK THROUGH A SECURITY THANG TO MAKE SURE YOU AINT GOT NO GUNS, KNIVES, OR WIVES

One of the prominent coaches in South Carolina maybe leaving a powerhouse for this job.

I actually heard this one as well, just last night. Was told a current Berkeley County coach was told he could bring whoever he wanted and that his salary would be matched. Don't know that he will take it, but discussions have taken place.

One of the prominent coaches in South Carolina maybe leaving a powerhouse for this job.

I actually heard this one as well, just last night. Was told a current Berkeley County coach was told he could bring whoever he wanted and that his salary would be matched. Don't know that he will take it, but discussions have taken place.

images

They do have the #1 athlete in the state. With some solid coaching and leadership- this one could be a diamond in the rough!

Lake Marion is not a bad school and it would not be a surprise if Art Craig took this job. He would win there. I would not blame him after the way Berkley has treated him which is pretty shoddy considering how much he has won.

POOR OLD CRAIG, BAILING BEFORE THEY REALIZE ALL HIS TALENT IS HEADING TO THE CORNER.

Play for a man with rings and no FBS signees or play for one that has no rings and had NFL players all around him....
Silly clown. Go get your bosses some coffee at the tax office

Lake Marion is not a bad school and it would not be a surprise if Art Craig took this job. He would win there. I would not blame him after the way Berkley has treated him which is pretty shoddy considering how much he has won.
True, but he's got it made at Timerland; always has good athletes and only one of two schools still with AD/Head Coach in that district/county

Clearly the guy can coach...but dang he is mentioned with every job that's open....anddddd yet he is still at Timberland...so why is Lake Marion any different?

True, but he's got it made at Timerland; always has good athletes and only one of two schools still with AD/Head Coach in that district/county

Those athletes aren't there anymore like they use to be... You win on the offensive and defensive line they have the skill players and always will but they don't have that dominance like teams in the early 2000's to 2010. Craig is a competitor and its about getting rings at this point. Timberland won't have the fire power to be a state championship til their numbers force them to go to 2a. The kids there are the same kids from before they've had it made for too long they don't understand its not a given. Hanahan also has taken a lot of those kids timberland use to get as well.

AMEN NEWBALL COACH, WAIT TILL THEY OPEN THE HS ON CLEMENTS FERRY, THE HAWKS WILL DROP BADLY TOO

Chaz it's funny you say that. You must hate Randy Robinson. Nothing but bashed him since he got hired. Funny thing is people forget all other divisions has 2 champions and 3A only had 1 so if they did have 2 champ he would have a ring and played for multiple championships but hey whatever

Reactions: Ashley Shaffer
Umm they did go to state and play myrtle beach or am I mistaken. Which means they would have been champs right? I believe so. And when they played in upper state a couple times which would have been for the state if it was 2 champs in that division right?

1-800-JOSTENS
They have a line of feel good rings called The Pretenders....
Might I suggest the Integrity ring....you can flip the gator for a whatever you are.....

I don't care I'm just stating from an outsider looking in. If you don't think Robinson was the best choice please enlighten me on who would have been your pick. I understand shoulda coulda wouldas. I'm just curious on why you been against this hire since it happened. Is it personal or what. Like I said I'm an outsider looking in. I did look up the last 4 years Berkeley vs. Timberland and Berkeley won 3 out of 4 with a terrible coach. Got beat by a coach that doesn't punt

Ohh yea if I was those players in the nfl from Daniel who cares about high school rings mr. jostens cause I'm making $$$$.

I don't care I'm just stating from an outsider looking in. If you don't think Robinson was the best choice please enlighten me on who would have been your pick. I understand shoulda coulda wouldas. I'm just curious on why you been against this hire since it happened. Is it personal or what. Like I said I'm an outsider looking in. I did look up the last 4 years Berkeley vs. Timberland and Berkeley won 3 out of 4 with a terrible coach. Got beat by a coach that doesn't punt
I don't think nobody is against the hire it's life. Robinson wasn't a first second or third option honestly. Looking at winning percentage alone only 2 teams are ahead of timberland in the last 15 years and that's Byrnes and Dillon. A school that has lost maybe 3 region championships since 2001 multiple deep playoff runs and state championship appearances with rings to match. The fact that he is in the school district as well makes it worst. He is a winner and look at those games again they were not out coached they turned the ball over multiple times in those games.

I am so sorry; you guys are totally right. Multiple state championships are on the way. Nothing can be done.....
But what if some of that BHP kryptonite gets shipped down this way? BHP owns all of that NFL talent at Daniel...small town kids that play as a team...

Last edited:
Haha I guess they do whatever floats your boat. Someone told me that last season was the first time BHP coach beat Daniel. But BHP owns them that's laughable. Daniel was down last year and almost pulled out the upset on them. But people on this board always pick BHP to win that conference. They won't win it this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT