NA over RV
GC over Fort D
Sumter over Aiken
Bluffton over Bwood
Wando over Beaufort
SoFlo over Lexington
Ville over Stratford
DF over Carolina Forest

Ridge View is a scary team. Last year as the 3 seed, they knocked off Lexington, then #1 Summerville before losing to Goose Creek in the third round.

Two years ago, they knocked off #1 Wando in the first round and made a run to the state game as a 4 seed.

Wando is an up and down team. If Beaufort is healthy, I can see an upset.

Goose Creek lost to Fort D early in the season (without Bennamon), then easily defeated FD a couple weeks later. Gators are tough at home.

First Round Predictions:

North Augusta over RV
Goose Creek over Fort D
Blythewood over Bluffton
Wando over Beaufort
Lexington over S Florence
Summerville over Stratford
Dutch Fork over Carolina Forest

This post was edited on 2/20 12:24 PM by jcpez1969

Put your picks down for everyone to see if you are going to criticize mine. I have seen some of these teams play and that is who I like. Lexington and Bwood could both pull upsets but I don't see it...from bwood to bluffton is a long ride, and Lexington isn't the same team they have been the last few years.

I know Ridge View has made a few runs in the past couple of years, but I am just not sure they are as good this year as they were the last few years.

DaCocks, I was just playing with you.
wink.r191677.gif
Actually, I tend to agree with your picks.

jcpez, Ridge View did not knock out Wando 2 years ago. I believe Aiken did in the 3rd round.
This post was edited on 2/20 1:40 PM by DC Pops

Originally posted by DC Pops:
DaCocks, I was just playing with you.
wink.r191677.gif
Actually, I tend to agree with your picks.

jcpez, Ridge View did not knock out Wando 2 years ago. I believe Aiken did in the 3rd round.

This post was edited on 2/20 1:40 PM by DC Pops

You sure?
I was trying to look it up on the SCHSL site, but it's all screwed up.

If it wasn't two years ago, it was the year Wando won the region, then lost in the first round. I believe it was Ridge View.

That must have been 3 years ago. I was at the game 2 years ago. It was definitely the third round. I believe it was Aiken.

Good Luck to your Gators tonight. I would love to see a Region VII battle in Florence.
This post was edited on 2/20 2:57 PM by DC Pops

Second Round Pairings:

#1 North Augusta
#2 Goose Creek

#1 Sumter
#2 Bluffton

#1 Wando
#3 Lexington

#1 Summerville
#2 Dutch Fork

Goose Creek over North Augusta.

Tough road game for the Gators. I thought they played flat vs Fort D in the first round, only lead 37-36 at the end of third quarter. They will have to pick it up on both ends, North Augusta is solid.

Sumter over Bluffton.

Picked Blythewood to beat Bluffton which was my only miss in the first round. Sumter plays solid defense, will control the boards and limit opponents to one shot. I think Bluffton can go toe to toe, but Sumter is a playoff tested team.

Wando over Lexington

Haven't seen Lex play this year, they say they are not the same as in the last few years. However, they are well coached and minimize turnovers. Lex likes to control the pace and tempo. Wando is very balanced, they can play inside or outside. When they are clicking it's hard to stop them. Going with Wando since they are home.

Summerville over Dutch Fork

This game could go either way. Seen Summerville play great, and not so good. John Jenkins needs a good game if the Wave wants to advance. DF is tough on defense and applies perimeter pressure well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT