ADVERTISEMENT

Marlboro County

And this is a problem how? Or, rather, this is new, why?

If you don't know, you need to ask around... Dean hasn't had a RAISE but 3 or 4 times in the 20 years he's been in Marlboro. I'm talking about 3% cost of living, state incentive, ANYTHING..... nada.

Now there was a time when he was one of the top 5-10 paid coaches in the state. He wins a crap load of football games, serves as AD for the county-wide school and has Admin duties, as well.

Makes perfect sense to me.

:D

Good luck, Dr. Boyd!

thats the word on ncpreps.com
The thing is when Dean leaves so will tons of fan support/donations. It would be wise for the powers to be to offer and increase in salary to save the athletic dept at MCHS. Without the football revenue it crumbles. I'd love to see Dean stay but....

i agree....but with no support from the powers that be...makes what he does each year even more amazing..

Their district is meeting tonight to discuss Dean's requests. They were supposed to meet earlier this week but one of board members kid had a 4-wheeler accident. They will meet tonight and if board doesn't approve the Super's request, there are two other candidates in "waiting"'they could vote on. But Boyd is their top candidate and the one the Super wants.

If Dean gets the job it will have to effect him being the Head Coach on the North team in the North/South Game ... Any word on the Meeting JB?

I meant to say he is the South HBC ... in the North / South game

Meeting was last night; he had not heard anything this morning when I talked to him so I'm thinking they couldn't meet the demands. I believe they got close on the money but there were some other things, as well.

And yes, IF he were to accept it, he would not be coaching the South All-Star team this season. But as it stands now, It looks like he's still a SC boy.

Word is (rumor) that the committee circled Boyd's name as the one; the Super has not "pulled the trigger" yet. Again, that is NOT confirmed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT