ADVERTISEMENT

Midland Valley Open

BallCoach17

Varsity All American
Nov 20, 2007
Word out of Aiken says Rick Knight put in for retirement yesterday. Good coach and man. Enjoy retirement.

ONCE THE CARRS HAVE LEFT, HE NEEDS TO RETIRE, THE CARR LOT IS CLOSED

Names I've heard:
Steve Hibbitts- Lakeside, GA Head Coach. Former MV, North Augusta, and Westside assistant.
Ken Tucker-Baptist Hill Head Coach. Former Wagener-Salley HC and MV assistant.
Ron Duncan- Screven, GA Head Coach. Former Seneca and Bamberg HC. MV alum.
Craig Gilstrap- North Augusta OC
Josh Hadden- Aiken Middle Head Coach. Former Lexington and North Augusta assistant. MV alum.
David Kaney- OC on staff, currently not certified is an issue. MV alum.

Names I've heard:
Steve Hibbitts- Lakeside, GA Head Coach. Former MV, North Augusta, and Westside assistant.
Josh Hadden- Aiken Middle Head Coach. Former Lexington and North Augusta assistant. MV alum.

Ron Duncan would be a home run. Probably needs to get back in the state for retirement purposes.

Reactions: mannblack
Ron Duncan is not interested; talked to him and he said "
"I am very happy where I am at and not interested in taking the Midland Valley job or any other job. I am very proud to be from "the Valley" and trust that the people involved in the hiring process will hire the best coach available."

There you have it! Will be interesting. Am told the principal loves athletics, has no tolerance for the trouble makers, and drops the hammer on discipline. And an AP is a former PE guy and coach from Laurens. Sounds like some good backing.

I have a friend that coaches at MV and according to him what you said about the Principal is accurate. He is as tough as todays wimpy PC society will allow. Sometimes he gets overruled by higher ups but he sticks to his guns. The AP is well thought of as well.

I have a friend that coaches at MV and according to him what you said about the Principal is accurate. He is as tough as todays wimpy PC society will allow. Sometimes he gets overruled by higher ups but he sticks to his guns. The AP is well thought of as well.
Jim Staton from North Augusta would be a good hire along with Craig Gilstrap. This would help ensure the valley athletes stayed in the valley.

Names I've heard:
I would hope Midland Valley had established themselves enough that they could find someone a little more qualified than a middle school coach.

I would hope Midland Valley had established themselves enough that they could find someone a little more qualified than a middle school coach.
Aiken County doesn't pay their coaches very well, and it is just the Head Football job, no AD. I don't know how attractive the job would be to an established guy.

Hard working kids, and a great AD/AP/P combo going. Doing your own fundraising, small stipend and stipend allowance for assistants, and all the mowing/upkeep of the fields can be tough. Community loves that school so that really helps make it fun.

ADVERTISEMENT