ADVERTISEMENT

Midland Valley

BallCoach17

Varsity All American
Nov 20, 2007
Does anybody know who got the Midland Valley Head Coaching job? I noticed they're no longer posting it on their district site. Did they give it to Kaney, who's an assistant football coach? He played on MV's 97 title team I think.

They have not filled the position yet.I really don't know what they are waiting for except being typical Midland Valley and dragging their feet.Midland Valley will have a strong team this up coming year so whoever gets it will shine.This will be one of the better teams that they have fielded in a while.Midland Valley AD and Principal are hurting these kids by not naming a coach. They have 8 people who has put in for the job.They are waiting on a football coach/Baseball Coach.Our last Coach couldn't put the time needed into the Baseball program for having to Coach Football.We are the only school in Aiken County that Our Baseball Coach Coaches Football.It takes away from our program.I don't know why they need another football coach because from what I seen last Friday Night at BC Only one does most of the Coaching and that is Coach Knight.All the rest of them walk around with head sets for nothing.

I heard the last coach was railroaded by parents and administration. If this is the case it's a shame that politics have taken front seat over teaching a kid life lessons and the fundamentals of the game. I would feel bad for the person who actually does get that job if they let parents run things and the admin gives no support. Good talent level or not, a good coach who cares and knows the game will take a good group of kids a long way.
On a separate note, I've seen MV in action on the field in the past and think of them as a hard nosed group of players who seems to play the game the right way. It would be a shame if they promoted from within and didn't give serious consideration to a person outside of Aiken county. Hopefully they won't hire some "dad" who thinks he knows what's going on. High school baseball is not little league!

DiamondNRuff the last Coach was railroaded by a parent that new their child moving from JV to Varsity didn't have the skills to play on an everyday basis.Coach Holmes was a fair Coach who was rough aroung the edges but damanded hard work and Baseball Sense when playing the Game.Parents are changing the over all thought process of their kids from hard work pays off to I'll complain to get you a leg up.It didn't work that way with Coach Holmes so the higer authority was tapped into and they bought it due to not wanting to face the parents and tell them that they stand behind him.I hope we get a good coach I don't care if they are from out of the county in the county out of the state or where ever.These boys deserve that.And I agree with you these boys do play hard and they play the right way.

Well I wish you guys the best of luck! They didn't out right fire the guy did they (coaching and teaching)? Because that just wouldn't seem right. And is the former coach coaching anywhere else right now or taking some time off?

He went to Coach at Fox Creek with Coach Brown.They will not let him Coach in Aiken County for a year.They sent him to an alternative school in the county to teach until another PE/Health position comes open.I don't see him staying around our area long he is from Wooddruff Area and will find a Job up that way or other places.

Kaney wasn't allowed to put in for the job bc the JV assistant coaches went to administration and complained that since Holmes got relieved of his duties then Kaney should as well, bc he helped Holmes out last year. The funny the is, the coach complaining put in for the job. Sounds like conflict of interest, but that's aiken county, any complaint regardless of actions or he said she said will get you benched. The JV coach resigned at the end of the season last year stating he traveled too much with his job and spending more time with his family but when the Head Job came open, he put in for it. Whoever the new coach is will do a good job with the talent they have coming back!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

As far as football, hookemcats is clueless. If you knew anything about Aiken County, they're the only county in SC that doesn't give money to athletics. Only supplements to coaches, therefor with only a select number of supplements, you have to hire coaches that coach multiple sports or you would have coaches working for free. I'm sure no one wants to do that. And MV for being a AAA school, they only have 7 or 8 football coaches compared to other AAA schools who have 10-14.

If they keep any of the guys that coached JV last year and stood around, MV baseball will struggle. No baseball sense and from what I hear the players don't want to play for them.

Yes it is filled guy is from Greenwood area appears to be good choice former head varsity coach at greenwood.

He's done an awful lot of jumping around over the last few years. First he left Greenwood and went to Latta, and now he's leaving there to go to the Valley? Sounds fishy.

Wow, the guy went 10-27 in four years at Greenwood. And I didn't realize, but he's not even the head baseball coach at Latta. He's the head JV football coach. Another stupendous hire (sarcasm) by Aiken County.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT