ADVERTISEMENT

Nationals at Va Beach

There are 2A guys that could but Smalley im not sure of. He has won in weak weight classes in 2A. Guys like Murphy, Brown and Barton might have a shot. If Smalley plans on doing anything on the National Level he needs to get much better. I would like to see it happen though.

Would love to see the 2 Bamberg upper weight kids compete here...think both could do well...especially if the one's mother coaches them again, like at Coastal Clash.

Congrats to Eddie Smith 195LB National Champion in the Senior division. Several other SC wrestlers competed representing SC with at least one AA I know of, Walker Stephenson and Fort D 220 Quincy Nash.

Reactions: Eagle Hater 3333
Owen Trephan was Sophmore Champion and you had a few MS make the top 8. Amaker, Jurey, Hundsberger......

Reactions: revfrank4
No disrespect intended for those omitted. We left after 195 championship bout.

Nice to see 2 national champs from SC, several All-Americans. Also many others who were close. Freshman Adonis Lawson from Dorman went 6-2 and missed the All American round on a close match of 2-1 versus the WV state champ. Bailey Wilkins and a few others also had stong showings.

Seemed to be a good showing for SC in most age groups.
Freshmen- 11th
- Cody Fleming-Ninety-Six (3rd-220)
- Walker Stephenson- Hillcrest (6th-145)
-Jake Fernicola- Woodmont (7th- 182)

Sophomore- 22nd
- Owen Trephan- Ashley Ridge (1st- 220)

Junior- 12th
Qumari Jackson- Fort Dorchest (7th-220)

Senior- 17th
Eddie Smith- BHP (1st-195)

A lot of kids going deep in a lot of brackets. A few things go differently and there is twice as many AAs on this list.

Really encouraging amount of kids entered as well.

My son went with great intentions, but I think the size of the tournament overwhelmed him. He went 2 and out, but feels like next year he can go deeper. He is only 12 so we'll see.

Reactions: Eagle Hater 3333
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT