ADVERTISEMENT

North Augusta at Midland Valley

VoiceOfTheMustangs

Bench Warmer
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2014
MV's Two Carr Garage is having its grand reopening tonight at 7:30pm. The Mustangs have one of their most talented rosters in program history ready to host the Yellowjackets of North Augusta. Will it be enough to break NA's 16 game winning streak? We'll find out tonight. Tickets on sale in the front office starting at 11am.

SEND THEM MULES BACK TO SLICKER TOWN, WE LOVE BEATING THEM DONKEYS
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The MV defense won't be able to do anything to stop NA as usual. MV will move the ball more than they usually do because of Carr, but it's just not going to be enough. NA's defense will get some stops and I don't see MV getting any other than turnover or penalty induced ones. This is the best MV team I can remember though

Avoid Sudlow Lake and Belvedere-Clearwater Roads if you're in Aiken County tonight. Should be a good game. Unless Daniel Carr also plays defense, I see NA winning. MV had their shot last year when they had NA on the ropes in 1st half and shot themselves in the foot and it snowballed on them.

Carr was as advertised. He single handedly brought MV back from 3 td's down, but it wasn't enough. NA 35 MV 27. Washington has a chance to be very good if he keeps progressing over the next three years. MV had no answer for him. He cramped up late and may be reason for concern next week if he isn't in shape like he should be.

Congrats NA! Carr couldn't do it by himself. Yall have a good team. Good luck! One more AAAA game (SA) before 3 weeks of AA football. Shout out to Aiken for the Hornets win.

NA Defense was as good as advertised, shut us down for two quarters. That penalty with three minutes to go was a killer. I'm glad Byrd is graduating. Maybe he'll get an offer from my Paladins. Too bad their QB is only a sophomore. He burned our secondary like an arsonist. MV has a very talented team. I'm looking forwards to the next game at South Aiken.

Saw this on YouTube. NA is impressive in the passing game. They picked on the MV db's all night. They had a significant mismatch deep. NA's running game struggled at times. Carr is good, he just can't do it all for MV. NA was a little undisciplined it seemed on penalties like holding, offsides, and false start. Course, MV had the dumbest penalty having 12 when they would have gotten the ball back with decent time left. Carr's pick inside the NA 5 was disastrous and actually turned out to be the difference. Byrd for NA is a beast. Heard Knight was livid that NA set their helmet up on the same end zone MV runs down the hill from. Was a good game to watch. I think both should be in their region hunts.

I don't understand why we allow them to put that helmet up. I think it shows bad taste to do that at someone else's stadium. I haven't seen anybody else do it. Clemson doesn't let USC blow smoke and play 2001.

I don't understand why we allow them to put that helmet up. I think it shows bad taste to do that at someone else's stadium. I haven't seen anybody else do it. Clemson doesn't let USC blow smoke and play 2001.
The helmet wasn't a dig at MV, they take it to all away games. or at least all the away games that I have been to.

That is funny about Knight being livid about the helmet. This year was probably the best chance for MV to break the losing streak and their coaches blew it as usual. Instead of worrying about a blow up helmet, getting the right number of players on the field may help them win a game. You can count on MV's losing streak to continue for many years to come. Carr is very good but they are still MV! Even though very young NA continues to dominate CSRA football!

I never said it was a dig aimed at MV. I think it shows bad taste to set it up at ANY other stadium besides your own.

A miscommunication resulted in 12 men on the field but that one mistake didn't give up 35 points or 300+ yards in the air. NA's offense was underrated by a lot of folks, despite the Lakeside game. Nobody in their right mind will overlook it from here on out.

Ah the gunslinger. The epitome of class.

Thanks for the compliment Avenger! Wouldn't you agree that there is no excuse for varsity level coaches making dumb mistakes, like some MIDDLE SCHOOL coach. Anyway, I'm glad the MV coaches blew it at the end because it kept the Jackets streak alive.

STReb you may as well get ready for more of the same as the last two times you ran into the Jackets. At least you've got MV to whip up on!

Last edited:
Damn, @GridironGunslinger - talking much smack :cool: .

Hoping the Jackets can run the table this year - and grow up along the way. Pippen did great things for the years he was here. Hoping NA can take it to the next level and get back to a championship game soon.

After seeing Washington in game 1, I was completely blown away by how good he looked @ MV. Maybe he's just settling into the position now. Hope so!

c/o '89 here.

Thanks for the compliment Avenger! Wouldn't you agree that there is no excuse for varsity level coaches making dumb mistakes, like some MIDDLE SCHOOL coach. Anyway, I'm glad the MV coaches blew it at the end because it kept the Jackets streak alive.

STReb you may as well get ready for more of the same as the last two times you ran into the Jackets. At least you've got MV to whip up on!
I guess we will find out in a few weeks.

Congratulations to North Augusta on your big win over Midland Valley. Hope y'all do well on your tough pre-region schedule!

When we took the helmet to Lakeside we were running out through the smoke and here comes Lakeside through a paper banner and 10 players tripping and falling over each other as they bust through the paper. I love it

Reading the comments going back and forth on the North Augusta vs Midland Valley game, two thing lost it for the Valley. 1) the ran out of time. They wasted too much in the first half trying to bully NA around. 2) the coaching was ridiculous! If Strom Thurmond comes in and minimize's the errors and plays hard nose football they will beat North Augusta. It is quite probable they will lose to Burke County this week and that will start the downward roller coaster! Watch and see if I am not correct.

Burke County is very good, it will be a tough game this week. They just knocked off the #4 AAAA team in Georgia last week

Go getem NA. Nothing I like better than to see SC hs football beat our boarder brothers from NC and GA...

Reading the comments going back and forth on the North Augusta vs Midland Valley game, two thing lost it for the Valley. 1) the ran out of time. They wasted too much in the first half trying to bully NA around. 2) the coaching was ridiculous! If Strom Thurmond comes in and minimize's the errors and plays hard nose football they will beat North Augusta. It is quite probable they will lose to Burke County this week and that will start the downward roller coaster! Watch and see if I am not correct.
You were not correct. NA 30 Burke 18.

Reactions: na_alum
You were not correct. NA 30 Burke 18.

What are you talking about?? Did North Augusta win? They should have considering the starting QB was knocked out of the game from last week win. That was a "HUGE BLOW"!! But congratulations to North Augusta!!

P.S. Guess they fixed some problems from the last game. They have the ability other than being very young.

What are you talking about?? Did North Augusta win? They should have considering the starting QB was knocked out of the game from last week win. That was a "HUGE BLOW"!! But congratulations to North Augusta!!

P.S. Guess they fixed some problems from the last game. They have the ability other than being very young.
Well, back up QB or not, Burke was ranked No.6 in the state GA. One guy doesn't get you to that spot in GA.

Just like your radio announcers said Greenwood was beating Northwestern tonight. They can be wrong!!

P.S. If you find it and can show me where they are ranked #6 I would better accept your argument.

Just like your radio announcers said Greenwood was beating Northwestern tonight. They can be wrong!!

P.S. If you find it and can show me where they are ranked #6 I would better accept your argument.
I doesn't really matter if you accept it or not, you posted they would probably lose, you were wrong.

In the First Georgia Poll on August 25 they were not ranked:

http://www.wrdw.com/sports/headline...anked-in-Georgia-football-poll-322871181.html

In the poll that came out on September 9th they were ranked #6

http://www.wrdw.com/sports/headlines/Thomson-debuts-in-Georgia-football-poll--326037681.html

But with this loss they may move back out of that place. So yes you can say that because of what they did last week they were #6 in the AAAA for GA. Hate having to do someone else's research to prove their point. But if I am wrong I will always admit it. In this case Burke Co was #6 playing against North Augusta. While they won fair and square let me ask you a question? How different would it be if your team didn't have the Byrd kid able to play against us, and Burke Co's QB was able to play. Would the outcome honestly have been the same? Just a honest Question?

Before you get wound up, I don't really care about either team. I have no kids involved. I just enjoy great football competed at a fair and sportsmanlike way. I am not going to have a heart attack of die over this and I am not going to get personal either so don't go there with me. Just enjoying good conversation and watching some great kids!!

Yes I have my opinions but I have a pretty good background in the sport and a long range of friends who have coached and still coach that I talk to regularly. I enjoy visiting games throughout the state and try to find a great game like next weeks game Greenwood vs Spartanburg, though I may rethink that after the way Greenwood got manhandled by Northwestern tonight.

In the First Georgia Poll on August 25 they were not ranked:

http://www.wrdw.com/sports/headline...anked-in-Georgia-football-poll-322871181.html

In the poll that came out on September 9th they were ranked #6

http://www.wrdw.com/sports/headlines/Thomson-debuts-in-Georgia-football-poll--326037681.html

But with this loss they may move back out of that place. So yes you can say that because of what they did last week they were #6 in the AAAA for GA. Hate having to do someone else's research to prove their point. But if I am wrong I will always admit it. In this case Burke Co was #6 playing against North Augusta. While they won fair and square let me ask you a question? How different would it be if your team didn't have the Byrd kid able to play against us, and Burke Co's QB was able to play. Would the outcome honestly have been the same? Just a honest Question?
I hate to tell you this, but Washington is the leader of NA. Byrd is an important part but your argument would have more merit if you swapped Byrd for Washington.

That may be true, but I watched Washington in some 7 on 7 and saw him on TV replay of the Valley game. He has the ability to be a great one. I would strongly suggest he attend some QB Camps to refine his skills some more. He has the size and speed but he is still very raw. I would take him in a heartbeat to develope with though. But "Leader" give me BYRD, the kid is an all around player that coaches covet!! Players want to be around someone like him because of his ability. From what I hear he is very smart too. Duke level smart!! Just my opinion :)

No one player makes a team. It takes eleven on the field. There is no doubt Byrd is a very good player, but there are other very good players on the NA team. The Burke QB Parker ( coaches son ) may be the backup but he is a solid high school QB. Evidence that one player can't do it all is the Carr kid from MV probably the best in the Augusta/Aiken area, but they are 1-2 now. I was surprised that Burke didn't give a better showing tonight than they did. Surprising NA whipped them as bad as they did.

NA is still the king of CSRA football!

Gunslinger I tend to agree. It has been a while since anyone has beat them. RBall - there are 7 classes. A Private, A Public, AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAAA, AAAAAA

AAAA in Ga would be roughly equivalent to SC AAAA Div 2. The AAAAAA schools are very large schools primarily in the Atlanta metro area.

4A in Georgia is actually closer to our 3A as most schools are somewhere between 1000 and 1400. Midland Valley has more students than Burke County.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT